Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinemeccanica V4

Author Topic: Cinemeccanica V4
Michael Labbe
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-1999 08:18 PM      Profile for Michael Labbe   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Labbe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to know, Does anyone know an easy way to get oil onto the the sound drum shaft of a V4. I'm not talking about that useless little fitting that is on the projector casting that is spring loaded. I have been in the movie industry about 15 yrs and a service tech for a good amount of those years and I've got to say by far the most troublesome soundhead is this V4. I am constantly having dragging problems. Yes the changeover flex conduit is not rubbing against the sound flywheel. I have been told by a few in the biz that the only way to truly resolve the problem is to knock out the little pressure pin holding the flywheel to the shaft and knocking the shaft out towards the operator side. This will allow axcess to the bearings which should be changed. Has anyone actually tried this and is it worth the effort. To date all I keep doing is forcing oil down the fitting and hoping for the best. Theres got to be a better way.....

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-17-1999 09:47 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people have had some luck with pressureized lubricant in from each end of the shaft around the bearings

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: