Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Close Threads

Author Topic: Close Threads
Alan Brandt
Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2000 06:23 PM      Profile for Alan Brandt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I was merrily skipping through the numerous posts, I was just wondering if it would be possible to close/lock out some of these threads where no one has posted anything in the past 3 months or so. There's a lot of old stuff on here, I feel like I'm on a virtual tour of my fathers 8 tracks.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-10-2000 07:07 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I could, but what's the point? Many times someone will revive an old thread with a new tip (just happened today actually).

If you don't want to read older threads, simply go to the top of your screen and select the time frame you want to view. Then only those displayed in that time frame will be displayed and the rest will be hidden from your view.

The other way to go about it is to stay on the first few pages. If you go back to page 20, of course you will be looking at older posts. The newest ones are always at the top.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-10-2000 07:07 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but you never know when you'll want to play those 8-tracks again.

You know; "Everything old is new again..."

I think it's better to leave it open- a subject may become a hot topic again many months or even years later. It doesn't hurt to just let it fade away.

Alan Brandt
Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2000 01:04 AM      Profile for Alan Brandt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is true..I had a brain fart at the time I wrote that. I hadn't thought of simply setting the time frame..

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-14-2000 03:43 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an eliquent way of putting it.

------------------
"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage".
Indiana Jones.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: