Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Trailers

Author Topic: Trailers
Juan Mendez
Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2000 10:56 AM      Profile for Juan Mendez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can I go about getting trailers for my theatre? I work in a 30-plex and have asked my booth manager countless times that I need trailers, and he keeps telling me that they are on back order. Is there a way I can get trailers without going through him, or am I going to have to wait it out?

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-13-2000 11:35 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See the posting topic, "Having Trouble Getting Trailers?" from March.

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2000 12:23 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have found that if you send old 20th Century Fox trailers back to Right-Side-Up, Fox will usually send tons of new trailers to your theater. I'm sure you can take old trailers off the Fox prints if you work at a 30 plex and have no trouble getting enough to send in. I send about six to ten trailers in monthly and get about double that back new.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-14-2000 02:49 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trailers are on back order? That's great! You should be getting that Sixth Sense trailer next week then.

------------------
"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage".
Indiana Jones.

Juan Mendez
Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2000 10:54 AM      Profile for Juan Mendez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys thanks for the help on the trailers, but some of those that were on back order came in yesterday, unfortunately I only got one X-Men, one Scary Movie, then I got five 28 Days (which came out yesterday), six Keeping the Faith (also came out yesterday), and a whole bunch of other useless trailers. But I think I will try that thing with Fox. Thanks for everything.

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 04-14-2000 04:25 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here's my trailer story of the week. We just recieved word that we have a new Miramax movie called East is East booked into our theatre in Santa Rosa in early May. The movie opens today (4/14) in NYC and LA. So I called National Screen Service to order posters, trailers, and ad slicks yesterday (4/13) and was informed by the customer disservice representative that those materials wouldn't be available until "about 2 weeks before the films release." She was a bit surprised when I shot back that the film opend this weekend in NYC and LA. Her story was that materials were back ordered. Having wasted enough time on what should be a one minute phone call, I called the VP of Exhibitor Relations for Miramax to voice my complaint of how am I suppposed to promote your movie without proper materials. Today, a very nice gentleman from Miramax called to find out exactly what I needed and told me it would be FedExed to me.

So here's the moral of the story: Shipment of trailers and other materials has no relation to the booking department. And sometimes it pays to be a politely squeeky wheel.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: