Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS player question

Author Topic: DTS player question
Steven Gorsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2000 10:42 PM      Profile for Steven Gorsky   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Gorsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me start by saying I am asking this on behalf of our booth manager. Also, this question is aimed at Karen, but everyone else should feel free to reply with ideas/suggestions.

How do you clean the DTS cd-rom with a cd player lens cleaner disc? On regular computers this would work by using a cd player application, and playing the appropriate track. On a DTS player how is this accomplished?

Steven Gorsky

|  IP: Logged

Michael Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2000 12:55 AM      Profile for Michael Cunningham   Email Michael Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this applies to all types of CD lens cleaners, but here's how ours works. The cleaning disc that we have causes the DTS player to "spin up" automatically when inserted. As there are no tracks to select from, you just let it run for about five minutes. Seems to work, good luck.

-Mike

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2000 10:51 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven,

Audio CD lens cleaner will not work since it will require to select a track to clean the lenses.
You have to find out a set of CD lens cleaner like Michael's ones.

Or you have to connect the CD roms to a PC and select "Start-Accessories-Cd Player"

Bye
Antonio

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2000 12:58 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Steven,

How to clean the drives? Go to any computer store and get a CD-ROM cleaning disc. Don't get a CD cleaning disc = it won't work as the brush is in the wrong location and will not clean off the laser's lens.

If there are no computer stores near you, please send me an email and I'll send you one free cleaning disc.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com www.dtsonline.com

Steven Gorsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2000 01:20 AM      Profile for Steven Gorsky   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Gorsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me see if I understand this properly. I need to use a CD-ROM drive cleaner, and not a regular audio CD one. Correct?

Computer stores are no problem around here, so I'll let the booth manager know what he needs to get.

Thanks,
Steven Gorsky

Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2000 09:34 AM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My question has been answered before I asked it. It has been on my mind lately..wondering how to clean the CD ROM units. Now thanks to your question and Karen's answer I know what to do.

Great site insn't it?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: