Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » How to turn down SW from Dolby

Author Topic: How to turn down SW from Dolby
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2000 11:44 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

I need help, again!
For many reasons I need to turn down my suwboofer for just few hours (to long to explain!). I would like to make this adjustment from Dolby (CP500) since my gain's amplifier is not set to maximum and It will be impossibile to set it correctly without an SPL.
I saw how to change channels levels on CP500 but when I try to change SW levels I have a message error. If I remember correctly is "calibrate SPL first".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Tom Sauter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2000 12:40 AM      Profile for Tom Sauter   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Sauter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want it completely down you could just unplug the amp. If you're desperate you could make a mark on the knob with a pencil so you can at least ballpark it back in when you're finished. You might end up +/- 2 db or so which isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2000 05:46 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I've resolved my problem. I don't know how but I have access to SW level screen!

Thanks to everyone!

Antonio

Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2000 08:51 PM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell it to calibrate SPL and dial it down to its minimum setting (45).

It will prompt you with a "seems low" error but will allow you to change the level.

That's how to technically change the level.

How will you know where to put it back to without an SPL meter?

Mark the amp as suggested earlier.

I'm assuming that you have neighbors complaining! *grin*

Russ

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2000 05:45 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Russ,

Yes, thanks. I will restore the level uploading the EQ previously downloaded. Since my amp are not set to maximum I prefer to make changes on CP500.

Yes, neighbors are complaing. However my brand new loudspeaker for my 4688 had broke last night...

So, unfortunately, there is no need anymore to turn down the subwoofer...

Thanks, I will note your suggestion for future references!

Bye
Antonio

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: