Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DA 20 problem

Author Topic: DA 20 problem
Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2000 09:10 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a problem with my Dolby digital unit. It was working fine and then it started going out of digital. On a print that it has never done that before. Okay so I start putting reels on that are brand new and I have only run a couple of times. The error rate reads between 2 and 1. It still pops out of digital and then goes back in after a few seconds. This keeps on going throughout the print. When it pops out of digital the unit displays an "r" and then and "L". From the manual I know it's re-booting. But why is it doing this with no previous problems. I haven't changed anything or added anything. It just started happening. My processor is a CP 65. Could it be a problem with the that?
I can't figure it out. Anyone that can help would be very much appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Jacquart
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2000 10:22 PM      Profile for Ken Jacquart   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Jacquart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Assuming that your prints are reading 2's for error rates, I will go out on a limb and presume that your alignment paramaters are reasonable (video amplitude, lateral, focus and azimuth). The fact that you are getting c-r-l on your 673 card is interesting. If you have another DA20 in your complex, try swapping the 673 card. Any other information or history will be helpful in the evaluation...

ken

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2000 05:19 AM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
on the 670 card check the following test points to see if the unit has the proper power supplied to it:
TP5 (yellow) should be +15vDC
TP6 (red) should be +5vDC
TP8 (blue) should be -15vDC
if any of these are not where they should be (within +/- 1/2 a volt) take the power supply off of the back (Turn everything off first!!!) and check both ends of the power supply connecting cable. DA20's have a tendancy to burn the molex connectors. If this is the case order a new cable assembly (and power supply if it is burned as well).
Of course, check the obvious things as well. The power cord is fully seated at both ends, the curciut breaker is not malfuntioning (plug the unit in a different circuit), no ghosts in the building...
Jonathan

Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2000 02:30 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks I'll try some of these tips. Unfortunately I'm alone with this unit. This is my home screening room and I don't work for a theater. I do know people who are techs for theaters but I hate to be a pain in the ass. I'll try the molex wire with the power supply. Brad was nice enough to email me with some tips also.
I don't think it's an alignment problem or why else would it read 1's and 2's. It doesn't degrade to 6's or 7's before it cuts out either . It just clicks and it's out of digital.
Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: