Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CPA-10 Problem

Author Topic: CPA-10 Problem
Robb Johnston
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2000 09:03 PM      Profile for Robb Johnston   Author's Homepage   Email Robb Johnston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am having an occuring problem with one of my CPA-10's. Every other day or so the program crashes on starting the automation, usually but not always when the lamp ignites.

IT is running in a Strong Super Highlight Console. IT happens every once in a while on many of the set-ups, but on this one it is way too frequent. I think it may be linked to the weather as I have no problems with this during the warmer months.

Any ideas on how to prevent this.

Robb Johnston

|  IP: Logged

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2000 07:08 AM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you might have a good lead as far as the weather effect goes. As we get into winter your booth is probably heated and has a pretty low humidity compared to summer months. Remember this is the time of year when static problems with film generally become more evident as well.

First, I would double-check ground connections to make sure nothing's loose or corroded. Do that both for the Console and Xenon Supply, as well as the automation. Take a good look at any of the chassis ground connections associated with the igniter.

Check wiring harnesses and make sure that no control wiring between the CPA-10 and other systems (dimmer, sound, etc.) are wrapped with or next to the DC cables. I had one customer recently that neatened up his wiring in one console and suddenly had all kinds of problems. Turned out that some control wiring had been neatly wire-tied to a DC Positive lead -- about two feet of coupling caused all kinds of trouble. Separate the wires and all was well...

Pat

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: