Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help with DRAS and Load500 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Help with DRAS and Load500
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2001 02:18 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone!
I need your help. I'm unable to use Load500 and DRAS10 with my Dolby CP500. Previously I used "Cp500 terminal" from Bell theaters without problems. Now I've lost the program (!) and I'm unable to find the url where I've downloaded it.
So I've tried to use Load500 and, to check DD soundhead, DRAS10.
I've tried programs under MS-DOS and Windows 98. DRAS10 says that it is unable to find the dolby unit from query and Load500 stays in "timeout".
Under windows I've set my Com1 port to many speed rate, from 4800 to 115200 without results.
Under MSDOS the MODE command can set the port up to 9600 and no more.
With Hyperterminal and port set to 9600 I receive some kind of data but not readable.
My notebook is a Texas Instruments 367T and my CP500 has 1.61 software release. The Load500 and DRAS10 were found here on film-tech.
Can anyone help me?

A last thing: I entered the "UART selector and explored the settings but I realize that there wasn't the "Cancel"...
What is the correct setting?

Thanks to all
Bye
Antonio

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-28-2001 02:34 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check that you are talking to the correct com port you have to put a switch after the exe with the cm number.
Also run Load500 and Dras from Dos not a windows session

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-28-2001 03:41 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,
I am curious if any of your 500's have lost the settings for eq and such. There are problems with Software versions 1.5 and later.
Mark @ GTS

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2001 06:34 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon,
Load500 seems to don't have any prompt paramenter. Dras10 has many parameters, I will try tomorrow.
Mark,
1.61 was installed 1 year ago. Never had problems.

Bye
Antonio

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-28-2001 07:19 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try restarting your computor in MSDOS mode

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-28-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a lot of trouble running DRAS on my laptop. If Windows loads and you try to escape to the DOS prompt, DRAS won't be able to find the COM-1 port.

If I hit F-8 before Windows loads and then run DRAS by typing from the command line then it'll work.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2001 07:39 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm already trying in real MS-DOS mode (F8 at startup)...

Today I've tried to change the Com address and I've found that with other addresses than BIOS default DRAS10 doesn't see the com1 port...
Antonio

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-01-2001 09:25 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried to run it with the shutdown to restart in MSDOS mode?

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2001 12:19 PM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,

For dowloading CP500 Terminal again,the Bell Theatre url is http://www.bell-theatre.com

Good Luck
Christos

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2001 08:17 PM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I run both DRAS10 and load500 in the Windows enviroment. I've never had any problems with either. I've also never had any of my theaters experience any problems with the later versions of the cp500 sector file. The only program that I do use that I've had any problems with under windows is the R2 software. If under Windows the Real Time analyzer screen will lock up every 20-30 seconds.
(BTW, I'm using a Compaq laptop with a AMD K6-2 380mhz)

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2001 06:06 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I can use Cp500 terminal from Bell theater without problems (for download, I didn't try upload). However I'm unable to use Load500 or Dras10.
Just a question: are my serial cable correct? It is a "pin to pin" serial cable, not null modem.
I have an Acer/TI 367T P200.

Bye
Antonio

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 12-04-2005 08:20 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1735 days since the last post.

|  IP: Logged

Alex Batyaev
Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2005 08:20 AM      Profile for Alex Batyaev   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Batyaev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have dowloaded "CP500 Terminal v1.0" from http://www.bell-theatre.com. It is impossible to use all of its functions without registration key. I have wrote the request for the registration key to the address stated on the site; however there was no answer. Could anyone advise how to register?

I have also the "load500.exe", but its functionality is too rich for my purposes; I find safer to use more simple yet functional enough "CP500 Terminal".

Alan Lyman
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2005 09:30 AM      Profile for Alan Lyman   Email Alan Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the new load500v2,works fine under windows xp.
you should upgrade to ver.1.65 or 1.65ex,to eliminate occacional
masterreset of the cp500.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-08-2005 07:27 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful what you do with DRAS 10. Dozens (hundreds) of technicians try to use it instead of a scope for optical alignment. As has benn stated many times; that just won't work. It's OK with me, though, since I go back behind them and sort out the mistakes. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: