Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Needed: Cell Phone Trailers

Author Topic: Needed: Cell Phone Trailers
Mike Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2001 02:04 PM      Profile for Mike Jones   Email Mike Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
My theatre is need of some new cell phone trailers. Quite frankly, I'm sick of the ones we have now. It has this extremely annoying music that tells people to keep their feet off the seats, turn off their cell phone and pager, and throw away their trash.

Right now we get ours from a company called Pike Productions.

It would be really nice to have that old drive in trailer called Let's All Go to the Lobby, but I haven't been able to locate them. Does anybody know of any company that makes any kind of trailer like the one I described above?
Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-12-2001 02:08 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's go to the Lobby is sold by Filmack in Chicago. They advertise occasionally in Boxoffice.

I want an ejection-seat trailer--"this theatre is equipped with ejection seats. anyone caught talking, throwing stuff, kicking seats, or generally being a pest will be immediately ejected from this auditorium" (insert shot of someone being ejected through the roof here)

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-12-2001 05:11 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
What Scott said ... boing!

In addition to Filmack (800-345-6225) for the D/I trailer, there's Willming-Reams (San Antonio, www.wronyourscreens.com) and Cinema Concepts (Atlanta, www.cinemaconcepts.com).

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2001 03:09 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recieved a whole packet of trailers and available rolling stock from Filmack. Great stuff. They have they type of trailers your looking for.

I ordered my "Dancing Hotdog" (Variety Show Intermission Clock) from them. Pricey, but I had to have it.

------------------
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Nashville, Tennessee
(Drive-In Theatre - Start-Up)

Neil Chue Hong
Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2001 07:51 AM      Profile for Neil Chue Hong   Author's Homepage   Email Neil Chue Hong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months back, I saw a short trailer before a screening at the Cameo Cinema in Edinburgh which showed a filmgoer getting increasingly annoyed by various distractions until he brought out a chainsaw, and started "clearing" the cinema himself.

Perhaps that's the approach needed! ;-)

Don't know who made the trailer, though I could find out.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2001 10:41 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Neil that sounds like me at a few recent trips to the Cinemark Tinseltown 17 and GCC Barton Creek Square 14 in Austin. Both places I ended up sitting next to people that had already seen the Movie and were telling thier buddies about it (Cinemark During Castaway) or talking about so and so had a crush on some guy and constantly giggling about it(Barton Creek). In both instances parents were with the individuals and said nothing. I finally had to say something to both sets of individuals because there parental types would not. Aggrevating as hell. No wonder the World is going to Crap, Parents now a days, for the most part, Do not discipline or teach thier children how to behave in Public.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2001 12:10 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Filmack is now online www.filmack.com . As well, they now cater to indoor theatres and may have the policy trailer you need. Another great looking site in case you still haven't seen it, check out what our own Tim Reed is doing at www.screenattractions.com .

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-16-2001 01:32 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the old Cinemark "Front Row Joe" trailers has a part where Clyde says, "I talk all through the movie..." and then the seat he's sitting in folds up and eats him.

There's another one where the ushers, who look like giant bulldogs grab him and pound him into the ground.

I want Front Row Joe back!
I don't know if Penny will come back after becomming a big movie star and all. Yes, REALLY! She was in Dude, Where's My Car? I'm not kidding! She was in that movie!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2001 11:54 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should have made the theater scene in "Scary Movie" into a policy trailer!

"Don't wanna hear no cell phones or beepers, I don't wanna see any trash on the floor!"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: