Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Newbie projection training

Author Topic: Newbie projection training
Jonathan Haglund
Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2001 03:34 AM      Profile for Jonathan Haglund   Author's Homepage   Email Jonathan Haglund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kodak training session linked to here: http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/screencheck/offer.shtml
seems like a good idea for newcomers like myself. How is the Kodak training? I see in the picture someone is using what looks like cotton gloves, something suggested against in these forums. What's the cost for this training? Anyone else gone through the course with wisdom to empart on the young?

------------------
Jonathan Haglund
Edwards Theatre Circuit, Inc
Park Place 10

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-13-2001 11:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would definately highly reccomend it to anyone interested. They will teach you how to peoperly handle film and also the many details you need to know to keep things running smoothly without damaging prints or equipment.
Mark @ GTS

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-13-2001 11:43 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shameless plug here
Entertainment Equipment Corp is offering a training course as well in mid May
contact entequip@aol.com

Joe Schmidt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Joe Schmidt   Email Joe Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mark and Gordon. It's good to see that some training is available for newcomers to projection. If I weren't retired, I daresay that I could use some updating myself. Certainly I have the interest just on general principles.

But all we have where I live is carmike cinemas, and I just heard the other day from one of our Leaders of Film-Tech that denver is a disaster too these days.

Therefore at the risk of being Shot, Flamed, Decimated and Hung in Effigy from ten different trees all at the same time, I pose this rhetorical question: If I went through training and updating at great Expense, would this Qualify Me for a Part-Time Job at Minimum Wage?

--js

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-14-2001 12:21 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're all realists here, Joe. We would'nt Shoot, Flame, Decimate or Hang you or your Effigy.

We'd all sadly nod, slide a beer down to you, and stare glumly into our own.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: