Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Automation Woes

Author Topic: Automation Woes
Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2001 02:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was recently in a theatre with an unusual problem. The automation was acting like the failsafes were down.

The setup is two machines with Maxi 7's and an auditorium programmer. The first machine is not used often, and the second machine is the primary and the one with the problem.

The automation would shut off the machine after the second cam switch engaged. After spending quite a while trying to figure out which relay might be the problem, I replaced them all. They are all working.

Does anyone out there have an idea what might be causing this?

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-16-2001 04:07 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just going to suggest a relay problem. But you found it. I personally think you did the right thing by replacing them all. When I experience relay contacts sticking or not closing properly, I just replace them. They are cheap, as compared to a service call several weeks later because another relay malfunctioned.

If it didn't cure it, I would suspect a micro-switch problem with the cams. They do get very sloppy. That Maxi-7 is over 20 years old, and micros and relays are good for so many "clicks". 20 years on the same relays and micros is a good record.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: