Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anyone else get a Technocolor Survey?

Author Topic: Anyone else get a Technocolor Survey?
Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2001 01:47 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just received a survey from my booker that was sent from Technicolor. Anyone else? I burned their ears hopefully with my replys and suggestions.

One of the questions was about broken reels...and ask if I had seen the picture of the new ones in their newsletter...what stinkin newsletter???? Anyone else ever seen one?

I basically told them to go away and to let a real company have the business and that Thier service had sucked pond water since day one.

The address to send the survey is:
Technicolor
ATTN: Cutomer Service
3418 State RT 73 South
Wilminton, OH 45177-8450

If anyones interested in dropping them a letter if you didn't get a survey.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-17-2001 02:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mentioned this in another topic a while back..."Techinicolor's NEWS REELS".

Tom Sauter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2001 08:09 PM      Profile for Tom Sauter   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Sauter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps this is an opportunity in disguise.

If someone could scan the survey and post it somewhere, those of us who thankfully do not get regular junk mail from technicolor could participate. Thars strength in them thar numbers.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-17-2001 08:35 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that they dared to give out their address.

Hmm...Wilmington, OH. ICBM coordinates: 39n27 83w50. Don't tempt me.

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got this survey. It actually wasn't sent to me but to another theater in my chain. My boss brought it down to me and told me if anyone had the right to speak out about technicolor it was me because of the reel that flew at my face . I can't believe they would ask if we have received a broken reel in the past year....and how many?????

I didn't have the nicest comments for them but they were professionally put, maybe they will pay attention to what people say. That would be nice!

Paul Turner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2001 11:40 PM      Profile for Paul Turner   Email Paul Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got the survey. told them it was a pity they turned out 52k of those STUPID reels with just two holes before consulting projectionists. Some of us prefer not to spend our time drilling that third hole to fit the reels on our rewinders. I implied this faux pas was consistant with their whole opperation.
As far a broken reels went, i warned them they may be getting a bill from ETS for the reels they give me to replace the unsalvagable reels sent by techni-boo-boo -- just so i can return the film.
i inquired how they got students from the school for the blind to inspect their prints. certainly no sighted person could send out some of the trash that's arived on my doorstep in those orange cans.
their billing system defies logic. how about just one bill at the end of the month rather than these random "pay now or go to COD"s?
Aside from that, i thought they were doing a bang-up job. ok, i lied about that part.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: