Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » "The Ten Commandments"

Author Topic: "The Ten Commandments"
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-20-2001 12:01 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know if there are any good prints of "The Ten Commandments" out there anywhere? ('56 version)

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Taylor
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2001 02:51 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually there's a lovely IB in my basement...complete with CB's intro. Sadly, it's only half as wide as what you're looking for. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2001 03:18 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a 70mm copy held in London a few years ago.
It may well be held by the BFI or at Bradford

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 12-20-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would not mind coming up with a 35mm print of that one. It was one of my favorites.

I know what I would do with it if I had it. It was a great movie.

Patrick J. McCart
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2001 10:41 PM      Profile for Patrick J. McCart   Author's Homepage   Email Patrick J. McCart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't this movie restored a few years back?

I have seen a remastered version (only on TV, though) that has great color and is miles ahead of the older TV transfer.

I'd love to see a VistaVision print of it, of course.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2001 01:51 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a stunning mint print of it at a Heston film festival here in AZ in 1998 (which he attended too). Where the print is now or what conditon its in, I dont know. In comparison, they also ran Planet of Apes (as well as all his other big films) which was in horrid shape. Faded, splicy as heck, scratchy, etc.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-21-2001 03:27 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a very nice 35mm I.B. Tech print about 15 years ago that came from Films Inc. It also had a Perspecta soundtrack. I doubt if this print survives today, but the long trailers with C.B. narrating are almnost as good. If you can get one and run it 6 times it would fill the same time slot..........
Those of you that have kept your older Dolby processors can make use of the Perspecta Track by purchasing a card from England that will go into a standard Cat 150 slot and decode the Perspecta info just like the old Fairchild processors did. The cost of the card is about U.S. $500.00
Mark @ GTS

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2001 04:16 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly not here in Bradford. i will try and look up where our print came from.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-21-2001 12:58 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies. We did run the film in '90 as part of a 60th anniversary celebration for the theater (the print we had then was in fantastic shape), and we're planning a remodel this year so I'm looking to run it again as a grand opening thing. (Still kicking ideas around).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: