Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » dolby amplifier

Author Topic: dolby amplifier
Angel Hultzsch
Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2002 12:48 AM      Profile for Angel Hultzsch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, i want to know what amplifier do you use in your cinema, here in Venezuela (el recreo multiplex) use "QSC" and i listen about the dolby amplifier so im interested about it, if somebody have information, i apreciate that.

Gretings

Angel

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2002 01:13 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused on " Dolby Amplifer "

We use QSC Mx series amps with Dolby CP 500 processing units.

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2002 05:29 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angel, I never heard of a Dolby Amplifier, Dolby makes cinema processors, my company installs Dolby CP-500, CP-650, SA-10, & DA-20 units, we install QSC DCA amplifiers, if Dolby makes a audio amplifier I never seen one & I been in the theatre sound end for 30 years...

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2002 06:01 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps the ones that are in the CP1000 sound rack? I knew that they are made by crown.

Bye
Antonio

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-23-2002 01:08 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Angel is talking about pro-logic home entertainment equipment that uses Dolby Patents.

Angel Hultzsch
Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2002 02:35 PM      Profile for Angel Hultzsch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for your answers, here in el recreo multiplex use cp650, and Don Seed, żdo you have information about dolby school?, i will like very much study the cinema sound.

Paul, sorry ,im not talking about dolby pro-logic home entertainment.

Greetings

Angel

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-23-2002 04:54 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angel, Send an e-mail to bwp@dolby .com This will get to Bobby Pinkston and ask him to notify you when training courses are scheduled.

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2002 06:12 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angel, Bob beat me to the answer, contact Bobby or Lonnie at LJ@dolby.com to find out when the next class will be & where at..when Dolby CP-200 came out in the early 80's, I was scared to death of these units as of the CP-50, after attending the training class, that was all over, & I never was scare of the system again, they explained the operation, set-up, tuning & adjusting...I apply this information on all sound processors thereafter....if you can go, DO SO !! it will help you in the future of Cinema processors...Good Luck....don

John Gordon
Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2002 02:01 PM      Profile for John Gordon   Email John Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 12-14 years ago. Dolby sold complete sound racks. The racks included QSC Series One amplifiers and octal crossovers and Component Engineering Monitors. The picture is from an old Dolby brochure. Early versions of the Dolby racks actually had the amp labels color coordinated to the processor. The blue stripe was for the CP-55 and the red stripe was for the CP-200. The original QSC 1400 and 1700 had a gray label. We liked the blue best and that became the standard color for the line. The red was dropped early on when Dolby began to use our standard amps for easier forecasting and delivery. If you have a red stripe QSC amp, it is very rare, indeed.

------------------
John Gordon
QSC Audio Products, Inc.
1675 MacArthur Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 957-7100
john_gordon@qscaudio.com http://www.qscaudio.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: