Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help with Rollerball

Author Topic: Help with Rollerball
Miguel Angel Martorell
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2002 07:01 PM      Profile for Miguel Angel Martorell   Email Miguel Angel Martorell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iīve just built up the movie today and in the reel 4 it seems that more than a half of the footage seems to be shooted with a green filter. Is part of the movie or is a laboratory failure?.
I think is part of the movie but I told it to my manager and he has said that tomorrow after the last show I have to stay and watch the movie. With your help I hope to be in home at 1 a.m not at 3a.m.
Thanks y un saludo.

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-06-2002 07:07 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes this is part of the movie, It involves a road chase and the whole sequence is shot to make it looke like night vision.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-06-2002 07:20 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, it's supposed to be that way. It might be the dumbest night-scene effect ever.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-06-2002 07:56 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's supposed to be that way. It just doesn't make much sense because it seems like the view through a light amplifying (night vision) lens but it's never explained who is supposed to be looking through one.

Miguel Angel Martorell
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2002 08:56 PM      Profile for Miguel Angel Martorell   Email Miguel Angel Martorell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everybody. Un saludo

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2002 12:50 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually this is a part of a larger problem that seems to be on all prints.
It's called "This Movie Sucks Syndrome"
If you replace the print, you will get another one just as bad.
I suggest burning the print and saving everyone alot of trouble.

Miguel Angel Martorell
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2002 06:17 AM      Profile for Miguel Angel Martorell   Email Miguel Angel Martorell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was thinking that "this movie sucks syndrome" maybe was present on this print. Thatīs why I didnīt want to stay and watch the whole movie. I have better things to do.
For instance, see "Summer of ī42" that it has arrived me on dvd.
Thatīs cinema, not the f###### Rollerball.
I hope somebody find a cure for this syndrome but itīs gonna take years I think...

Un saludo

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: