Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Spiderman & Star Wars Trailers

Author Topic: Spiderman & Star Wars Trailers
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-08-2002 01:33 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some trailers here called "Spiderman Trailer #1" and I was wondering if this was the recalled trailer...or was that one designated as a teaser?

I also have some trailers here for the upcoming "Star Wars" movie. This trailer is called "Black Eyes" but starwars.com just sent out a newsletter listing all of the trailers for Episode II and this trailer isn't on the list. Does anybody else have this trailer?

BTW for those interested...the final trailer for Episode II will air this Sunday on FOX (and also on starwars.com). The trailer will play theatrically with "Ice Age."

~Manny.

------------------
And, hey! Let's be careful out there.

~Manny.

|  IP: Logged

Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 06:52 AM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The spiderman trailer you have listed 'Trailer 1' is just that, trailer one, the current one for playing. The one labeled 'Teaser 1' is the recalled teaser. There was a edited version of the recalled sent out minus the bank hiest and twin towers but i don't know what it was labeled. Your 'Black Eyes' trailer is the actual 2nd trailer released in theatres labeled 'Forbidden Love' by everyone else except the label makers and me, its just a cooler name. The new trailer is being labeled 'Clone War'.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 01:33 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Phantom Menace trailers were titled "Box Lunch" and "She Stood Alone". Since we were threatened with fates worse than death if the first trailers were not all sent back, I did so but they were all labeled "Box Lunch" so I hope they got a good laugh out of it.
The Spiderman teaser can be seen on the current DVD of "Movie FX Video Magazine", BTW. That sound you heard was the sound of my 35mm copy decreasing in value.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-08-2002 01:59 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it. Why would they get a good laugh out of you labeling the trailers with the correct name?

And why the heck was it called "Box Lunch" ?

------------------
And, hey! Let's be careful out there.

~Manny.

Will Morrow
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 02:14 PM      Profile for Will Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Will Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can my buddy get in trouble for auctioning off a SpiderMan Teaser with the WTC on Ebay? I told him I didn't know for sure, and that I would ask the pros. Please help me out.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 02:24 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think there is something illegal about selling trailers on Ebay. Since it's property of the studios, and not of your friend's, if they trace him down, he could be in alot of trouble.

But then again there's alot of people selling trailers on Ebay.

Steven Pickles
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 05:06 PM      Profile for Steven Pickles   Email Steven Pickles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt he would get in a tremendous amount of trouble, assuming that he has never been in trouble of that kind before. All that would probably happen is a cease and desist order by the film company, and a threat of legal action if caught again.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2002 02:03 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Phantom Menace trailers only had the 'codenames' printed on the leader frames, which I imagine most people don't bother to read but of course I did. I have a DTS trailer disc that lists "She Stood Alone" as one of the trailers too.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: