Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Anyone have a manual for the Elmo LX-2200 16mm projector?

Author Topic: Anyone have a manual for the Elmo LX-2200 16mm projector?
Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2002 06:23 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have one of these? I will be using one fairly soon, and I would like to familiarize myself with its workings beforehand. The Film-Center CD-Rom doesn't list one. I thought that perhaps someone might have one around that I could copy or maybe someone even has a pdf. Please let me know. I'd be happy to pay for postage or copies.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-12-2002 06:28 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though we do have one, it is something that ELMO currently charges for (since it is a current item). I don't recall it being too pricey, as manuals go.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2002 07:03 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that is a current model and you'll have to order the manual thru an Elmo dealer. Elmo has a website: www.elmo-corp.com

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2002 07:07 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it still current? The CX-30 is the only projector listed on their website. Either way, thanks guys. I'll give iceco a call.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2002 07:16 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's still current, but built to order because it has a list price of about $20,000. When contacting Elmo (or Eiki for that matter) you have to specifically ask/tell them you want 16mm equipment not video.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-12-2002 07:35 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious about the policy for pdf manuals.

Specifically, what is the criteria for deciding which ones get scanned/posted and which ones do not?

Apparently, this Elmo model isn't going to get posted anytime soon...so I was just curious.

------------------
And, hey! Let's be careful out there.

~Manny.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-12-2002 08:37 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad can answer as to the web-site's policy. I for one, honor copyrights and will not copy a manual or document without authorization.

For all I know, ELMO wouldn't have any problem with it but then again, they just might. I'm sure the decision would have to come from corporate in Japan rather than the local office in the states.

As to the LX-2200's availability....I wouldn't hold my breath too much. Yes it is still listed in the current price book (built to order with a 120-day lead time) but I wouldn't be too surprised if they drop it all together.

I can't believe they dropped the 16-CL and in particular the CX-550....If I were to only have one portable 16mm xenon, I'd keep the 550, not the 350. Have you ever heard a complaint about 16mm being too bright?

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-13-2002 12:44 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I liked the 16CL too. Great machines and very reliable. They also had excellent sound reproduction for a 16mm machine. When I ran the A-V repair Department for the Wheaton School District I had them switch from buying Eikis to buying Elmos. We never had one Elmo break down in the remainder of the time that I worked there. We repaired on average 9 Eiki's and Hell and Bowells a day. The district had over 3200 working 16mm projectors and their own film library with almost 2000 titles! Most of the prints were pretty thrashed up but ran fine through the Elmos.
Mark @ GTS

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2002 09:50 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where you can get a bulb (other than Elmo) for the CX-500? Does the bulb have a generic catalog number?

/Mitchell

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: