Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Good Service.. Alive and Kicking

Author Topic: Good Service.. Alive and Kicking
Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2002 12:53 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just been chatting to Don Olson of Component Engineering over a niggling little problem I've been experiencing recently. What has always struck me is the very excellent service given to me by CE... which is especially important to me given the distances involved.

When I've needed parts or advice they have always without exception been eager to assist and generous with their time and effort. The parts needed have arrived promptly exactly as promised.

Often the service provided is a 'no profit service' and reflects a commitment to the customer..... me!!

It's all too easy now a days to suffer poor service and look for another supplier as a result. So CE should be congratulated for their 'Service'.

Don and all his colleagues have earned my thanks time and time again.

Anyone else got examples of outstanding service that deserves an airing.... or for that matter examples of dire service....

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Walls
Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2002 05:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Walls   Email Andrew Walls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan Reiter at Big Sky has ALWAYS been helpful when called upon. Many times I have called him with a crazy problem, and he has assisted me via the phone. More so than any other company I have delt with.

- AW

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2002 04:40 AM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken
I've worked with Don for these past 13 years and have to tell you you'll not find a better person to get you out of booth jams ever.
I've known alot of techs in my time, about 45 years worth, but Don is the best, both as a friend, co-worker and tech. He knows this biz better than anyone I've come across in my years.
Since coming to Seattle some 13 years ago this man has made my life so much easier in this biz. Can't say enough about him and the company he now works for CE. Thanks Don and Bill P. You are the greatest. Your advise and service are unequalled. Keep up the good work. Lord knows this industry needs people like you.

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2002 08:24 AM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Peter.... I didn't for one moment think I was alone in my opinion of CE......

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2002 07:47 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Peterson, Skip Gelotti, and the folks at New England Theater Service have helped me out on many occasions. They are generous with their time and knowledge and always return my calls.

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2002 09:34 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CE took the time and effort to post me over a 'care package' for my cue expander boards ... consisting of some IC's I couldn't source here in Australia (I now have) , and some regulators too. They posted this over to me promptly and at no charge! Now, how's that for service?

Dan Reiter
Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2002 07:51 AM      Profile for Dan Reiter   Email Dan Reiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

Thanks for the support! It's uncommon for any of the manufacturers to get compliments on their service, but we're all the first on firing line when there's a problem! Your's and other's compliments about a specific manufacturer's support are happily welcomed!

At BIG SKY, we try very hard to support our equipment in the field. We have taken our bruises, but stand firm behind our equipment, and do the best we can. In most cases I we can diagnose the problem over the phone, and get our customers back on screen promptly. Great communication and patience between the factory and the field personnel is key to resolving any problems.

As for you specifically, Andy, THANKS!!

Dan

------------------

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: