Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Part # confirmation

Author Topic: Part # confirmation
Andy Bergstrom
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2002 02:00 PM      Profile for Andy Bergstrom   Email Andy Bergstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to confirm what I beleive to be a Simplex/Ballantyne part #.
The part # is 2290013 and assume it is for an 8/70 projector electronics package. Any help confirming this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andy

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 09-27-2002 07:29 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, that might be like looking for a neede in a haystack. Can you give us more information? Either that, or contact Strong International. They might have a catalog listing all their part numbers (probably tens of thousands) that can be cross-referenced to the nomenclature.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 09-28-2002 02:12 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat Moore kindly supplied me with a listing of Simplex/Strong/Century part numbers in a spreadsheet (*.xls) format.

I did look up that number but didn't find it; I mention this because the listing has been very handy and might be usful in the future. I'm sure Pat could help you out.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 09-28-2002 02:40 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Andy, is this for Century's 8/70 machine? Hows that beast running?

Josh

------------------
"Film is made of silver, video is made of rust"
'nuf said

Pat Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2002 09:25 AM      Profile for Pat Moore   Email Pat Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy;

That is a Ballantyne Part Number and it's for the entire electronics and control package that mounts in a Ballantyne projector. It's part of the SSV Special Venue Control System. Most have been installed in Ballantyne 870 systems.

Pat

Andy Bergstrom
Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2002 05:32 PM      Profile for Andy Bergstrom   Email Andy Bergstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for th/e info everybody. I thought it was for the electronics package on a 8/70.
Josh-The Centurys 8/70 is running great!
Thanks Again
Andy

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: