Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA software

Author Topic: CNA software
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-29-2002 04:20 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone here installed and used the CNA software? Regarding installation, does the software HAVE to see a sound card? I tried to install it yesterday and it kept glitching during the installation and after 2 uninstalls and re-install attempts I got a "no valid sound card" (or something like that) message. I was wondering if that was why the installation was giving me fits. I really don't want this computer to have sound, but I suppose I can throw a cheap sound card in there and not hook up it's output if that is what the CNA software really wants. Anyone have tips?

This is going into a Windows 2000 box. The cdrom states Win NT, so this should not be a problem.

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2002 02:48 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, installed and used succesfully.

However the machines I've stuck it on have been win95/98 and do have a soundcard (on motherboard), so I can't really help you much I'm afraid, other than to say persevere cuz it's really slick once you get the hang of it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-01-2002 04:11 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That would indeed be annoying if I had to downgrade to an unstable OS like Windows 98, but if I have to then I will. Still, the program is good for NT, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm betting it's the sound card issue. Since I haven't heard anything definite from someone in-the-know, I suppose I'll have to buy a sound card, head over to the theater, plug in the card and see if that will fix it.

David Graham Rose
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2002 12:19 PM      Profile for David Graham Rose   Email David Graham Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where would I get a copy of this software from?

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-01-2002 05:49 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, try adding the drivers for a 'Sound Blaster 16 or AWE32 or compatible (WDM)' card. Go to "Add/Remove Hardware, ..., No, I want to select the hardware from a list" and install the drivers.

Of course Windows will tell you that there are problems initializing the device but I'm willing to bet that the CNA software is only going to look to see if the device drivers are present.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: