Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Question ?

Author Topic: DTS Question ?
Glenn Conatser
Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 05:55 PM      Profile for Glenn Conatser   Email Glenn Conatser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Everyone,

I have a DTS unit getting stuck if you will after each show. The show will end and the timecode light will stay on. The system light will also stay solid and not blink also. Sometimes it will only be the timecode light that stays on and no other lights will come on including the system light. The unit will run fine but has to be reset after almost every show. This problem has been progressively getting worse.
If anyone can give me an idea of what the problem maybe it would be a great help. The unit is a DTS6 unit.

Thanks,
Glenn

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-11-2002 07:24 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like there may be a problem with the timecode board. Have you upgraded your unit to the latest firmware chip and are you using the 3 drive unit or the two drive unit. Are the cd roms the drawer type or the older cartrage type. With having to reboot the unit so much there may be a fimware issue on the timecode board. If possable you may want to send the unit into DTS and they can do a full check on the system and upgrade anything that needs to be done to it. We have a DTS represenative who reads the forums. Do a search and look for Karens email addy and send her an email.

Glenn Conatser
Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 08:20 PM      Profile for Glenn Conatser   Email Glenn Conatser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All firmaware is Version 1.46 and was checked earlier this year when we replaced some drives on the units. The units are the older DTS6 units with two drives. I will try Karen but i get quicker responses when i just post in the forums.

If anyone else has any thoughts let me know.

Cheers and thanks again for the help.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-11-2002 10:47 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long has this been going on? Also check the timecode reader. If you have several dts screens, switch the readers and see if the problem persists. It might have something to do with the power supply for the reader.
Michael

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-11-2002 11:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is a faulty timecode board. This definitely sound like something that Karen will have to help out with.

khultgren@dtsonline.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: