Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » V5 curved gate

Author Topic: V5 curved gate
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2002 05:58 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I'm working now with Victoria 5 curved gate projectors. It is happening frequently that the light iron stip that keep the print goes out of its place resulting in a badly focused image or in a unsteady image so that we have to stop the projector to solve the problem. It is never happened to me, I think that it depends just to the way the projectionist thread the projector, we have to use care and attention when we close the film in the gate, right?

What do you think?

Bye
Antonio
16plex Vis-Pathe'
Campi Bisenzio
Italy

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-13-2002 10:55 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greater care is required with the curved gate versus the standard flat gate which is very forgiving. The runner strips are very thin compared to what is found in a Simplex or Century but the design is more like the other European brands which have strips in their curved gates. Another slight problem is a black thumbscrew on the support rail to the gate which I find are lost in a few weeks after the projectionist accidently drops on the floor; it should be a bright red or silver....if it is lost it does not affect the operation of the gate. The black plastic knob to open and close the gate can break due to rough use.....they use plastic so as not to burn your fingers if a metal type was used.
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: