Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » The Phone Booth trailer

Author Topic: The Phone Booth trailer
Eli Blasingame
Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2002 05:27 AM      Profile for Eli Blasingame   Email Eli Blasingame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received a fax today, telling me to pull all the "Phone Booth" trailers. did all theatres get this fax. It's sad that the life we run from by going to the movies, is so life like, where we hide out at.

------------------

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-18-2002 11:06 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eli-

All of Cinema West Theatres got the same fax.

The 'pull order' in Brendan's fax only applies to DATED (the film has been moved to March 2003) promotional materials (trailers, posters, standees,banners). AFAIK, the non-dated items (EXCEPT the trailers, which have 'potentially objectionable' material in them due to the current 'sniper' situation back East) are still useable until new materials are printed.

Sounds like 'Big Trouble' and 'Collateral Damage' all over again

-Aaron

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2002 12:19 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The e-mail we got, if I remember it correctly, said to take everything down and to throw away all printed materials but to keep the trailers for future use.
I didnt see anything that was dated, so I dont know why they would say to throw them out.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 12:47 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The phone booth trailer is dated november 15th so why would we save them?

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 02:26 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thats a good question.
I forgot that they had dates and I didnt see the trailer until they were all taken off.
Not sure why they told us to save them.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-19-2002 02:48 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're probably not sure if they're going to spend money on printing new ones yet.

Alex Grasic
Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 03:17 AM      Profile for Alex Grasic   Email Alex Grasic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a memo saying that the film was still to be released on Nov 15. It just stated that all promotional material was not to be used.

Eli Blasingame
Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 05:40 PM      Profile for Eli Blasingame   Email Eli Blasingame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I think their holding off on it. Like,after 9/11.

------------------

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: