Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Replacment Drives

Author Topic: DTS Replacment Drives
James Pope
Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2003 04:23 PM      Profile for James Pope   Author's Homepage   Email James Pope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have dts 6d units that were having reading problems freezing up on discs no matter what order you put them in. I received replacement drives, but the new drives only have pins numbered to 6 instead of to 7 like the old drives made in '97. and the terminator is on 5 instead of 4. my Question is how do I assign the new drives to read in my old units. I need the way to put the tabs on the pins for all the drives A,B,and C. if anybody knows I would greatly appreciate it -jimi

|  IP: Logged

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2003 05:14 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James,

Send me an email and I'll send you the instructions. You have new drives and the addressing of them is different.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-27-2003 05:25 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't SCSI fun? [Wink]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-27-2003 05:38 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes [Smile]

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2003 06:56 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like SCSI, really I do.
Addressing is very, very important and you should be able to obtain the address off the original drives and setup the new drives the same. If you have documentation.
Good luck.

[ 01-27-2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Sam Hunter ]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-27-2003 06:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
As always, please show proper etiquette and be sure to post the final resolution to the problem here so others may have access to the fix when it turns up.

Karen Hultgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2003 07:36 PM      Profile for Karen Hultgren   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Hultgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad - I cannot always post the answer here. Sometimes details are needed or I need to send someone a file.

How the jumpers are set depends on the drives installed. For details, refer to the DTS online techcenter.

Karen at DTS
khultgren@dtsonline.com

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 01-27-2003 08:38 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you need a username and password to access the 'techcenter'?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-27-2003 10:02 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Karen, a description of the specifics and the resolution works for most situations. Plus we'll host any file needed here for others meeting that same predicament. The whole point of these forums is not so much assisting with the now as assisting with the future. That is why we have a complete archive of every post from day one. Not posting a solution (unless it is something overly complex) destroys the whole point of the archives. So unless it is a major repair, the fix is appreciated and to a certain point expected. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: