Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP 55 with SRA5, CP 65 with Cat 222 SR/A card...?

Author Topic: CP 55 with SRA5, CP 65 with Cat 222 SR/A card...?
Duncan Smith
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2003 07:18 AM      Profile for Duncan Smith   Email Duncan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks, first post from a newb so sorry if it's a repeater.

Got a cp 55 running with a cat222 sr/a card just fine. Thing is I just got a used cp 65 and SRA5 adapter. The cp 65 has a cat 222 a type card in it but no cat 350/300 cards. I think I have seen this before but can the cp 65 run with just a cat 222 sr/a card with a little modification? Also, can the cp 55 run OK with the old cat 222 a type card and the SRA5 adapter using the same mod it needed to get the SR/A cat 222 running (the 03 format button selects 05 at present)? or do I still need a cat321 interface so it can talk to the SRA5?

Ultimately I need A type and SR in both my screens from these two processors and the SRA5.

I know this sounds a little complicated but I have no budget for new equipment and this was all free so I want to get the most out of it all.

Thanks for any help.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-28-2003 07:47 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can do what you are asking...that is use the dreaded 222"SR"/A in the CP-65 and the SRA-5 on the CP-55.

As to the mods...it all depends. The CP-65 with later motherboards will not need any modification, with early motherboards (pre 222"SR"/A), you will need to add a control line if memory serves.

The CP-55 will need the modifications as outlined in the DA-10 or DA-20 manual to properly interface the SRA-5.

Steve

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2003 02:33 PM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mind you, the SRA5 with 2 x 280 cards is better NR than the 222SRA - you should be able to find someone who will swap ! Otherwise I guess you could hack into the CP65 LtRt and shag with switches and formats to run it with a SRA5 - I'm unaware of any official mods as the CP65 came out with 350 / 300s or 222SRA

Peter

Duncan Smith
Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2003 12:30 PM      Profile for Duncan Smith   Email Duncan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Peter, had a chat with my engineer today, we've found a way round it and possibly Prologic from non-sync via the SRA5 too in some shape or form.

Say Hi to Ed for me, hear he's been busy in Liverpool.

Duncan.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: