Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Theatre Design Pro v3.2 Beta - Beta Testers Wanted (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Theatre Design Pro v3.2 Beta - Beta Testers Wanted
Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're getting close to releasing version 3.2 of Theatre Design Pro.

Thank you to everyone who submitted suggestions. I'd love to have you run this beta around the block and give me your comments.

There are a number of improvements and fixes in 3.2, the most notable are the new collaborative features. Now you can easily email the project file, or the project details in text form, or the project details in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.

You can find the latest beta, from February 9, at:

www.schneideroptics.com/tdpv32beta020903.exe

If you choose to use the "Email PDF" feature, you'll need a PDF writer. If you have Adobe Acrobat PDF writer, you need do nothing further. Note that the writer is print driver that comes with the full version of Adobe Acrobat. The program you need is NOT the free Adobe Acrobat reader.

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer, there's a shareware program that'll work fine.

You can find it at:

www.pdf994.com

The unregistered version of PDF995 will make PDFs just fine, but you'll need to put up with some advertising and the PDF files will be watermarked. If you register the program for $9.95, the advertising and watermarks will go away.

I'll be grateful if you would notify me of any bugs or issues that you find.

Thanks,
Dwight

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-10-2003 08:43 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first new request on the program is to allow the 16mm format to use the short lenses on Scope. That is, if a 28mm prime lens will fit the ES adapter, then 16mm should have that at its access.

I love the fact that you have added the 70.6mm lens sizes for 16mm!

Steve

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-10-2003 08:51 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dwight,

I just tried to open a 3.1 file (several times) with 3.2Beta...

The program has locked up every time. I do have some "custom" formats like "Silent" if that will help debug it.

Also, the splash screen talks about "3.1 help" even though it is 3.2

Steve

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2003 10:02 AM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve:

Can you email me the project file that locked up in 3.2 beta? This is one that we definitely have to track down.

Thanks,
Dwight

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-11-2003 04:09 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dwight,
the "White Papers" section on your website is still blank. I emailed you about this a few months ago. I am really curious what you have hidden there.

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-11-2003 07:40 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do Dwight...also for the debug information...Running under Win98SE

Steve

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 01:55 PM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve:

Got the files. I get the same results you do, a lockup and funny formats, on my Windows 2000 desktop. I've not tried it on my Windows XP Pro laptop yet, I'll get to that tonight. So it's a repeatable bug and I've sent it off to our programmer for squashing.

Thanks so much.
Dwight

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-11-2003 04:08 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tis what us Beta testers are for!

Steve

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 07:46 PM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael:

We fixed the white paper page, and then, as you noticed, it was broken again. At the moment we don't have an explanation. We fixed it and it was working this afternoon . . .

Dwight

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 07:48 PM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you'd like to see the new features of Theatre Design Pro v3.2 . . . have a look at:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/software/TDP3.2_2-10-03.pdf

Dwight

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 09:59 PM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've fixed the problems that Steve reported.

The new beta is at:
www.schneideroptics.com/TDP32BETA02112003.exe

Time is growing short, we burn CDs soon.

Dwight

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-12-2003 08:16 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just checked the latest Beta. Still had a lock up problem after one closes down the tree(s) on the auditoriums then open them back up...upon selecting one of the formats...lock up.

Steve

PS, you might want to tell your programmer to update the version number ("About...") with each revision, no matter how small so that one can know just what version they have.

Dwight Lindsey
Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2003 10:30 PM      Profile for Dwight Lindsey   Author's Homepage   Email Dwight Lindsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve:

OK, your bug is fixed. It was an obscure one, which we're glad to find, but likely wouldn't have bit anyone but you . . .

New version is at:
www.schneideroptics.com/TDP32Beta02132003.exe

Dwight

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-14-2003 09:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, when you need obscure...I'm your man!

Steve

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-14-2003 10:56 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...ran the latest beta (6) and all seems to work well on the lock up department.

However, since I have a "user format" on my 3.1 files they turned into a 635 format (I'm guessing Cinerama) rather than retain what I had which is "35mm Silent (Standard)" For your reference, the Silent dimensions are .680 x .910 (give or take a couple of thousandths). It would be nice to have that as premade format.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: