Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Circuit Diagram for Triac Board Orcon 1000B? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Circuit Diagram for Triac Board Orcon 1000B?
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2003 01:36 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone a Circuit Drawing for the Triac Board which is used in the Xenon Lamphouse Orcon 1000B?.
there is no circuit drawing of these in the manual I have on them.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-31-2003 08:19 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nor in mine.

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2003 05:03 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will look through my files I think I have some info on them,
Ialso have new triac and control boards.

Stan. [eyes]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-01-2003 09:16 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't waste your time trying to diagnose which part/parts are bad....just completely rebuild the board and it'll work good as new for many years. Your time is far more valualable than the cost of $10.00(U.S.) worth of semi's and caps. Do the same thing to the controller board while you're at it, they can be quite troublesome....should cost about the same to rebuild it. The drawings are here in the manuals section......look at pages 9, 10, 11.
Mark @ CLACO

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 01-22-2013 11:05 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 3584 days since the last post.

William Mayhugh
Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2013 11:05 AM      Profile for William Mayhugh   Email William Mayhugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I gotta bring this post back to life. I really, really, really need some sort of drawing of the ORC 1000B Triac Board. I have just been given 3 orc 1000's to repair, all had shorted triacs, unfortunatily the replacement for the 2n5444 is an NTE5693 and it don't work. A lot of the components are so old they don't have any identification on them so gang replacing is a poor option. Any help will be appreciated.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 01-22-2013 02:12 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had taken a moment to read the posts you would have found the answer. [Roll Eyes]

quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
.....The drawings are here in the manuals section......look at pages 9, 10, 11.
Welcome to the forums. [Big Grin]

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-22-2013 04:04 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remove both boards, discard. What is left is a standard rectifier.
Louis

William Mayhugh
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2013 01:47 PM      Profile for William Mayhugh   Email William Mayhugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! First post and flamed already. I thought this was a friendly and helpful forum.

Well Tony, concidering I did look thru the forums and I did look in the ORC 1000 manual and still didn't find what I was looking for BEFORE I poste; and since you are so smart, maybe you can tell me which manual, since the ORC manual only has the SCR board.

Louis, would you mind being a little less cryptic in your answer? How does discarding the TRIAC board help me fix the problem?

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-24-2013 06:06 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have NOT tried this. Someone once mentioned that the power supply would function without the boards since there is a full transformer, diode bridge and capacitors (just like in any rectifier). I did once look at the drawings to see that they were right. I cannot verify if you can CONTROL same. Louis

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 01-24-2013 06:42 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: William Mayhugh
...concidering I did look thru the forums and I did look in the ORC 1000 manual and still didn't find what I was looking for BEFORE I poste; and since you are so smart, maybe you can tell me which manual, since the ORC manual only has the SCR board.

Look again. I already gave you the answer (actually Mark G did 9+years ago.)

It is there so before you go getting your panties in a bunch READ the freakin manual!! The COMPLETE schematics are there.

However, in the interest of being fair, I will offer up this hint: according to the schematics, 2N5444 is NOT used on either board, so part of the problem you are facing is someone's previous attempt at a repair using the wrong part.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Bernie Anderson Jr
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2013 09:58 PM      Profile for Bernie Anderson Jr   Author's Homepage   Email Bernie Anderson Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just rebuild them too, like Mark suggested. I did my 2 units. I think the caps cost about $20 and it took about an hour going slow to remove the old caps and solder the new ones in place. Did this on both boards and they're good as new.

Best of luck

Bernie

William Mayhugh
Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2013 08:22 AM      Profile for William Mayhugh   Email William Mayhugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, I did read the FRICKEN manualS (large S because I looked in ALL of them) and not a single one had the triac board. SCR board Yes...Triac board NO. And yes, maybe Mike G did give the answer, but it didn't say which specific manual and the "drawings are here in the manuals section......look at pages 9, 10, 11" don't match any of the page number formats in any of the ORC manuals.

So, appearentily, you seem to have the information I need and instead of saying something like " Check out so and so manual, It's on page yada yada", you prefer being a dick and flaming me.

But since I need that information, and no one else on the forum seems to know, I will humble myself, even prostrate myself at your feet and ask Preeety Please Tony, Sir, could you please direct me to the exact manual I need to look in for the triac board? I am soooo sorry I am an idiot and even dare ask you for your time, but If you would please grant me this boon, I will shout your name to the heavens!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-27-2013 09:45 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe (from memory) that the scr and triac boards are almost the same except for the actual scr. Compare your board to the scr drawings. The triac was before the scr which was somewhat better.

Better yet, just replace all capacitors and triacs and diodes using the info on the board components. Louis

Bernie Anderson Jr
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2013 03:00 PM      Profile for Bernie Anderson Jr   Author's Homepage   Email Bernie Anderson Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there anything on the boards that they don't manufacture anymore?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: