Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie Manual Question

Author Topic: Christie Manual Question
Joshua Burnham
Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2003 07:50 PM      Profile for Joshua Burnham   Email Joshua Burnham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying for some time now to find a manual for an Christie SLC M35GPS but all i can come up with is one for the P35GPS. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks Joshua Burnham

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2003 11:05 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SLC is the lamphouse and M35GPS is the projector. Are you looking for the lamphouse manual or the projector manual? I live in Olympia over by Ralph's Thriftway just a few miles from you.

Joshua Burnham
Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2003 03:00 PM      Profile for Joshua Burnham   Email Joshua Burnham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,
I Have the SLC Series Console operation manual, but i still can't track down a manual for the 35mm Automatic turret model m35gps. I've tried Christie's website. I even went through the "manuals" section of this site and all i get is the P35GPS. I'm just wondering if there is some sort of error on my part and maybe thats why i cant track it down. Any information is greatly apprieciated. The first in a long line of questions from this novice film-techer.
Kindest Regards,
Joshua Burnham

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 01:17 PM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the "appendix C" about the part list of M35GPS turret assembly and trap and gate assembly. I'm actually working with 8 M35GPS and 7 P35GPS. If you want I'll scan the 7 pages and send u via e-mail.

Germán Marín
Assistant of Projection Supervisor

Joshua Burnham
Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 02:30 PM      Profile for Joshua Burnham   Email Joshua Burnham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
German, thanks for the reply and for the kind help. Is "Appendix C" the only difference between the P35 and the M35. If so is that why i cant track down the manual? If you have any information you think might be useful I would be extremely grateful if you could E-mail me the "Appendix C" at joshuaburnhamjr@hotmail.com. I'll take a look and see if i can make sense of it.
Thanks, Josh

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2003 06:46 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you see my pic at the left I'm working with M35GPS at Lagunita multiplex.
The diference between M35 and P35 is more than we think. Turret, Trap and gate assembly, Apperture plate, Pad roller, motor knob. I prefer* "suffer" with P35 because the lens turret can be full opened and it let me to thread the film on the trap and gate ass'y (on M35 I have to change to scope to get a little "gap" between trap and gate to thread the film).
I has been sent the e-mail to you.

(*)Really I don't like Christie 'cause it's like a baby, I must change it the diaper every minute!

"post edited to add information"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: