Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Who knows this Static-vac + PTR unit?

Author Topic: Who knows this Static-vac + PTR unit?
Jamie Sanson
Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2003 08:10 AM      Profile for Jamie Sanson   Email Jamie Sanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. Please help:
I have been trying to find information on this (what looks like a static-vac and PTR film cleaning system unit) for 6 months here in OZ land, but no one knows of it. This photo is taken from the Cinematografia Dec 2002 magazine. Has anybody seen this unit?

-

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-02-2003 08:39 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might that have been a unit made by FilmLab Engineering in Australia, known as the "Cleanmaster"? Or it could have been a custom design by a theatre circuit.

Jamie Sanson
Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2003 05:15 AM      Profile for Jamie Sanson   Email Jamie Sanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, there is a PTR cleaning unit called the "cleanmaster" made by FilmLab, but they didn't make this one and they don't make them with a static vac unit.

The magazine article which relates to the picture was in relation to a new multiplex in Barcelona opened by UCI.Cinesa. Projection equipment was supplied by Cinemeccanica and installed by Suministros-Kelonik.

The guys I have talked to say that it could be made in the US somewhere?

Does anyone out there have any other ideas??

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-03-2003 08:11 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does the label on the unit say?
After checking, click here.

Robert Throop
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2003 09:40 AM      Profile for Robert Throop   Email Robert Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie,
How does one subscribe to Cinematagrafia magazine? I've never heard of it.

Jamie Sanson
Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2003 07:21 PM      Profile for Jamie Sanson   Email Jamie Sanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael if only I could see the label than I would be right. But the magazine picture is all I have; I have never see this unit before anywhere. I am just hoping someone out there has seen it or recognise the craftsmanship of the unit.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-03-2003 09:10 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the photo was published that recently, you could easily get in touch with the magazine and ask where it was taken. Maybe even the photographer himself knows more details about the cleaning device.

Jamie Sanson
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2003 05:52 AM      Profile for Jamie Sanson   Email Jamie Sanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob

The magazine is produced by Cinemeccanica in Milano, Italy. I received my copy from one of my suppliers. You may be able to receive a copy of the magazine through the U.S dealer, whose details are as follows:-

Cinemeccanica U.S., INC.
5027: Irwindale, CA 91706
Tel: (626) 939.0811
Fax: (626) 939.8993

Hi Michael

I will try and contact Cinematografia magazine in Milano, Italy to see what they have to say.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: