Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Component Engineering Has Been Sold....

Author Topic: Component Engineering Has Been Sold....
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-08-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to reliable sources in the industry the sale of C.E. has definately been confirmed. This supposedly occured about a month ago and Bill Purdy is no longer at the helm. No one seems to know who the new owners are....hopefully they are film oriented....unlike the CFS deal that occured a number of years back and then CFS Poo-pooed to bankruptcy.
Hey Don Olsen, or Brian, are you out there, and can you fill us in on this........? At any rate I wish the best of luck to the new owners there.
Mark @ CLACO

[ 05-09-2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Mark Gulbrandsen ]

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-08-2003 10:09 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Toledo!

Now, That is a surprise. I certainly hope that it has been passed on to good hands. They do make a good product. [Smile]

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2003 11:48 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is shocking! I hope the quality doesn't go downhill or good products get discontinued.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 05-08-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope Creative Labs didn't buy them.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-09-2003 07:33 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But then, if CL have them, every part can have a THX logo on it!

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 05-09-2003 08:09 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Component Engineering are a nice bunch with great support. I hope the new owners can maintain the standards.
Richard Fowler
Kinoton America Inc.

Andrew Lee
Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for Andrew Lee   Email Andrew Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes CE is a good company with great people. I wish them all the best in the future.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: