Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Irem Igniters Prevost projectors

Author Topic: Irem Igniters Prevost projectors
Miguel Ercolino
Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2004 08:25 AM      Profile for Miguel Ercolino   Email Miguel Ercolino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone, i am having trouble with some lamps, we have Prevost P55 projectors, with a prevost LampHouse, and there are Irem AS700 Igniters adapted to it, the automation we are using is TA-10 from Componente Engineering. We had a lot of trouble when we trying to turn on the lamp, because it try so many times in order to ignite the bulb, the igniter is automated, and have a board inside with a relay in order to let the igniter be automated(we called it the automatic), there are times that the bulb do not want to turn on, so the operator change the automatic and it work properly, but the strange thing is, that the automatic previously removed is not damaged, it work very well in other projector. We have 6 Rooms in that cinema wich 5 of them has the problem and 1 not, the last one that have not the problem is because it have a Prevost Igniter (Original, I think it is Irem too, but very very old), and it can't be automated, so we have a button for the bulb ignition.

We had troubles with arcs between the leads between the igniter and the bulb terminals, and we isolated them very well, so I do not think that is the problem.

I think that i described you very well the problem, so i need some fresh ideas in order to resolve it.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Miguel

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-13-2004 09:28 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miguel,
what brand of bulb and model of rectifier? The AS700 is also known to have problems.

Miguel Ercolino
Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2004 10:41 AM      Profile for Miguel Ercolino   Email Miguel Ercolino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osram Bulbs, and Knitron Rectifiers

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2004 11:15 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Miguel, maybe the automated had a bad contact on the terminals.
You can check the rectifier, I think it's has many years working.
If you have big problems please send a e-mail to info@prevost.it

Hi Mr. Fowler, long time.

Saluti,
Germán Marín.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-13-2004 01:17 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
German,
I hope all of you are having fun on your adventure in Milan....at least you are not fixing Christie [Wink]

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2004 12:52 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or even the most extreme case.
How Old is you lamp??
If it is quite old then it won't ignite with automation but only in manual mode and after a lot of pressing which eventually will kill the lamp.

Gregory N. Jones
Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2004 11:36 AM      Profile for Gregory N. Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Gregory N. Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree with Richard that there has been problems in the field with those AS700 igniters. I can't speak from experience because we stayed away from them but I have been told numerous times by customers that they have been giving them fits. Stick with Model # AS16040, it is a proven igniter with years of operation behind it and is a direct replacement for the AS700's.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: