Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 13 Going On 30 Can Label/ Sneak Preview

Author Topic: 13 Going On 30 Can Label/ Sneak Preview
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2004 05:08 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we got our sneak print of 13GO30, it was labled Sugar & Spice. This was ETS shipped and the usually have the real title along with the "secret" title on the can. Has anyone else seen this or is it just my print. Also ETS called today to check if we recieved it..I thought that was very professional.

Also to get an opinion, at my theatre we don't get sneak prints often. My manager booked it and set what theatre it was in. We have 3 DTS auditoriums. We have Passion, Kill Bill 2, and Punisher in them now. IMHO, I would have moved Passion to a non-digital theatre and put 13GO30 in it's place. Also, we are doing a double feature with Hellboy. I just think it would be better to have it in a digital aud for a showing like this.

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-16-2004 05:54 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The courriers that ETS (or any other carrier) uses (Kally Express, in my case) are supposed to be bonded and/or insured, right? So, why does a bonded courrier need to call and ask you if you received a print? They should KNOW. That's why they have to be bonded, no?

Sounds like some kind of borderline F-up to me.

(On the courrier's part, not you, Richard.)

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 04-16-2004 06:29 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TES calls me to confirm receipt of about half the TES prints that I run. Between confirmations and arranging for delivery and pickups TES calls me a lot.

Peter Kerchinsky
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2004 08:37 PM      Profile for Peter Kerchinsky   Email Peter Kerchinsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our screening print of 13 Going On.....also came in labeled Sugar and Spice.
Usually when we have screenings the ad agency handling that film calls to make sure the print was delivered on time to us.
Strange thing is when the courier comes to pick up the print that night we get a guy who doesn't seem to understand films come in two or more cans. He always grumbles when I ask where his handtruck is because he never brings one. He claims his invoice says 1 piece, when in fact it says 1 film titled......
He also attempts to recruit help hauling the cans downstairs to his van claiming they're too heavy for him to carry.
He'll never learn. [uhoh]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-16-2004 09:34 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last two prints that TES delivered just magically showed up in my office. I don't mean, "In the hallway outside my office." I mean INSIDE my office!

TES makes their deliveries, here, at about 3:00 AM. The only place that's accessible on this campus at that time of night is Campus Security. The TES driver drops the cans off at Security. The secirity guard pops them into the back of his little "Security Buggy". (Golf Cart w/ flashing light on top.) On his next rounds to my building he drops them off!

I never made any phone calls or even had to lift a finger.
How's THAT for service!? [beer]

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 04-16-2004 11:11 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this may be pushing this more off-topic... but I NEVER get called from TES unless they want to arrange an unusual pickup. They fax me to TELL me when they want a print on normal pickups (hopefully, I'm done with it!). Well, there was one time... they called because they were afraid they'd mixed a foreign language reel in with one of my prints. The hadn't, but they were pretty darned sure I was getting 20 minutes of garble.

John Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2004 12:09 AM      Profile for John Carpenter   Email John Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard - As I think you probably use the same ETS depot that I use (Jacksonville) they seemed a bit confused about where all their sneak prints of 13 Going On 30 were. We had a sneak last week and again have one this weekend. They called Thursday wanting to know if we needed a print for our sneak this week. Of course we still had one so the answer was no. Who knows?

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2004 06:22 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ETS Minneapolis called us up too for our print. The manager who picked up the phone told me that it was DTS calling to add to the overall strange feeling of the situation. [Confused]

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2004 12:23 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everything went w/o a problem with our sneak tonight. I convinced my manager to put it in a digital auditorium b/c Kill Bill wasn't selling very well. Overall a good night

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: