Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Lateral SDDS Reader roller adjustment

Author Topic: Lateral SDDS Reader roller adjustment
Aaron Wesener
Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2004 06:27 PM      Profile for Aaron Wesener   Email Aaron Wesener   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any way to adjust the lateral rollers on a DFP- R3000 reader? My problem is that as the film comes off the upper rollers on the reader and onto the sprocket it is not correctly aligned. This caused a quite annoying sound as the sprocket hole fall onto the teeth. I also fear that this may be harming the edge of the film. Oh, the film is riding too close to the reader, and it makes what I would almost call a buzzing sound.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-23-2004 10:43 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing to do is to contact Robbie Hidalgo as he is basically whats left of SDDS. I do not reccomend that you use Sony Broadcast for repairing any SDDS product...they suck big time! Robbie knows more about SDDS than the Sony factory! Since he is in the buisness of repairing SDDS equipment and can definately help you with your 3000 penthouse problem I will post his e-mail address here... robbie@cinematech.org

Mark @ CLACO

Robbie Hidalgo
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2004 04:34 AM      Profile for Robbie Hidalgo   Email Robbie Hidalgo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Aaron,

The buzzing sound you've detected on the R3000 can definitely be resolved, but I would caution you not to adjust the lateral guide on the Sony reader!

Particularly in the case of the R3000, the lateral guide position is precision aligned, and it's position serves as a reference for other critical adjustment parameters - including optical calibration.

Therefore, any "random" adjustment of the lateral guide will only serve to impair the Reader's performance, and will actually not eliminate the noise you are encountering on the R3000 anyway.

Although simple to rectify, the solution requires several steps which are probably beyond the scope of this post. But feel free to drop me an email and we'll definitely help you to get it resolved. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: