Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Star Wars Episode III Screening (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III Screening
Kevin Woodard
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2005 04:54 PM      Profile for Kevin Woodard   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Woodard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our general manager just recently informed us that only he and the Projection Manager are allowed to build and preview all 3 or 4 copies that we get in of it. They have to sign some sort of agreement before we can even get the movie in.I was just wondering if anyone else had received this news or if he is just messing with us. It does sound like something that would occur however, so I wouldn't be that surprised.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-21-2005 05:10 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What, is George going to send a cop around to make sure nobody unauthorized is catching a glimpse of his masterpiece?

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2005 05:17 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be viewing it on Wednesday, May 4, thank you very much.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2005 06:14 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're probably not supposed to tell anyone that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Oops! [Razz]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-21-2005 06:20 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like bs to me, at least as far as Lucasfilm is concerned. Odds are it is either coming from the GM himself (so he won't be bothered by the kiddies during the screening) or it is coming from his district or home office because they don't want to have a big party on their hands (quite possibly for insurance reasons).

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-21-2005 06:56 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The studios do use them on High profile films that are about tobe released or are in production. The Disclosure Agreements states that you can't discuss the film with the press. I get them all the time from Warner Bros., New Line and few others. But I get work-in-progress prints of films months in advance of release. So they don't want any info released.

But this thing is a few weeks from release.

That's Hollywood [beer]

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2005 11:54 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will also be viewing it Wednesday, May 4. [thumbsup]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-22-2005 12:16 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds exactly like something LucasFilm would do. When episode 1 came out, they had a rule that ONLY the projectionists were allowed to screen the prints, not even managers. Amazingly people at my theater didn't bug me to "let them in" because they didn't care too much about it. Not even the managers, which amazed me. Each of us took a print and watched it. We then had constant diarrhea for the following 3 weeks.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 04-22-2005 07:08 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curious if this release will indeed be "dCinema only" as threatened.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 04-22-2005 08:39 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a joke?

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2005 12:14 PM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Manny Knowles
Curious if this release will indeed be "dCinema only" as threatened.
HA. We run Digital Cinema at my theater, and the new multiplex (which doesn't run digital) has been given Episode III. Forget digital only, they aren't even rewarding early adopters over film-only theaters.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-22-2005 12:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The d-cinema "requirement" will be for the 3-D extravaganzas that will be out in 2007. Geez, I gotta get to the bank. [Roll Eyes]

David Yauch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2005 04:45 AM      Profile for David Yauch   Email David Yauch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have plenty of digital pre-show projectors that we would be more than willing to use to butcher the presentation of any such 'digital only' performance.

Ted Costas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2005 05:43 PM      Profile for Ted Costas   Email Ted Costas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've already seen the movie in both 35mm and 2K Digital Cinema, and let me tell you this much... what?... no! NO!!!!! I can't, I can't breathe! Help...!

NOOOOooooooooooooooo!

Natalie!!!!!

Ted

Bevan Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2005 10:35 PM      Profile for Bevan Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bevan Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it is time for THE POLL..... how many D-cinema screens of SWIII?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: