Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP-500 cat 675problem

Author Topic: CP-500 cat 675problem
Richard B. Perrine
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2005 02:40 PM      Profile for Richard B. Perrine   Email Richard B. Perrine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night our CP-500 started making a "click" sound primararly thru the surround channels. I shut off the surround amps, after monitoring the noise in both Digital and Sr formats.
A short time later, I checked the surrounds again when it hit the start of another reel....no "click" ...so I turned the amps on again.....Then it lost the digital track and went to SR.....later it lost the bar graph display of the channel volumes....the it lost the SR track.....at which point I turned on the digital again (And it picked up the digital track).
AND then worked for the rest of the show.

At the end my event log read 01344:26:05 Cat 675 Failed.

I shut the rack down and re-powered up and didn't have any problems with the next show.

Should I replace the Cat 675? Any ideas?

Email addresses may not be posted within the body of a post.

[ 12-31-2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Alexander Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Alexander Smith   Email Alexander Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the CP500 off, or in bypass, remove and re-insert both 675A cards. 99 times out of 100 that will sort it out for you.

Alex.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2006 06:53 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which Cat 675? It should also tell you the slot number.

If you've been experiencing odd noises in the surrounds, swap the two Cat675's between slots J12 & J14, and check the serial numbers against Dolby FB220, also FB200 may be of interest. Although I'd have expected any 500s suffering these problems to have been sorted by now.

Alex Cross
Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2006 06:31 AM      Profile for Alex Cross   Email Alex Cross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I can tell you exactly what that is. We get it all the time. Inside the 500 is a clock. It's there up mainly in your Dolby event log. For some reason, best left to the bods at Dolby, the seconds from this clock get processed along with the rest of the sound and is usually only audible on the surround channel. There is no cure sadly, except to reboot the processor (I use the reset under the CAT 222). Sound will drop out for a split second, but then it'll come back without the 'ticking'.

Regards,

Alex.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: