Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » JSX1000 Pre Show Audio

Author Topic: JSX1000 Pre Show Audio
Ian Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2006 10:25 PM      Profile for Ian Bailey   Email Ian Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I am running my pre-show audio through the ExternalInputs of the JSX1000.
Intermittently when that Format is selected we will have no audio for the ads.If you increase the Main Fader level to 9-9.5 the sound cuts in(loudly!!) and you can reset the fader level back to normal and all works fine.
I'm not sure if when selecting this format that sometimes there is a long "fade-in" before the audio is heard or you just get no audio at all until you increase the fader level.
Cheers Ian

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-22-2006 03:33 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is your preshow ad audio source coming from anywho?

Are you going through a server to do both ADs and the "muzak" music where the "muzak" music is coming from another source?

Chek your imput source feeding into the taps on the back of the unit. You could have an slight open back there..in as well as chek your leads coming from the original source.

Have you tried a completely different input source to "condemn" that one source and not the source that you use now? Tap in a portable CD player next time to those inputs and give that a test of satisfaction.

AND...if you have another JSX-1000 unit around there, swap out that JFM-20 FORMAT card and see if it travels to the other unit..for if it does, then you've got a grumpy card....(just turn off the power before you do the swaps..)

good luck - Monte

Ian Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2006 08:02 AM      Profile for Ian Bailey   Email Ian Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Monte
I have a CD player connected to the N/S i/p and the audio out from a PC's sound card going into the EXT i/p for the pre-show ads.
This is at our single screen in the bush which is 3 hours drive from where I am sitting so I talk my projectionist through any fault finding over the phone if I can.
When it's not playing up it works fine........I'll get him to check all the connections.
The N/S-Film-DTS formats all work fine,I was suspicious that the Format card could be causing it as I got him to spray the edge connector and back plane socket with Contact Cleaner and it cured the fault for a while an now it seems to have come back.I don't have the luxury of a spare Format card so I need to be pretty sure before I go ordering one.
Cheers Ian

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-22-2006 09:13 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
87.23976% of the time its the format card!

Mark

Ian Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2006 05:39 PM      Profile for Ian Bailey   Email Ian Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark
Cheers Ian

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: