Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ultra Stereo repair (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Ultra Stereo repair
Jonathan Bodge
Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2006 07:58 PM      Profile for Jonathan Bodge   Email Jonathan Bodge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, in my stupidity I fried a Smart, (which I'll fix) hey I'm human the dumber of the things living on this planet, (We can thank the new Clint Eastwood movie that had analog problems and figured it was the processor) and temporarily replaced it with an Ultra Stereo JS 105/195 from ebay (Which sounds a heck of a lot better I might add). But the Surround EQ card has a couple of BBQ'd resistors, and who knows what else I can't visually see....here's my question..does anyone know of any smarty pants board repair people for this type of repair? I'll give USL a call tomorrow but thought I'd ask "all good people" Thanks,  -

[ 11-26-2006, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2006 08:38 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultra Stereo will do a repair/exchange. They will send you a new board and you then send them the old one at a set price. You have to go through a dealer though. They won't deal with you directly.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-26-2006 11:01 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Film-Tech Jon....good luck on the fix.

[ 11-29-2006, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Monte L Fullmer ]

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2006 11:05 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found Clint at USL to be quite helpful. Give him a call, they know what their doing there.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-26-2006 11:28 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan - read the rules before participating please.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-27-2006 09:20 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on which board they are easy to repair
if it is the bucket brigade type of delay eq then the schematic is published in the original JS serries processor manual on this site
I don't know if the panasonic BB chips are still available if one of them has failed

Jonathan Bodge
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2006 07:49 PM      Profile for Jonathan Bodge   Email Jonathan Bodge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for everyone's help, I did contact Ultra S and talked to Clint (not Eastwood) who was very helpful. My friend Lenny Miller is going to get me a replacement. Brad, (we are not off to a good start) I'm sorry I didn't read the rules. I'm sure I will break a few more since I don't read rules. (Remember I fried a Smart because I didn't read the rules!) Let's say I read the rules about my homeowners insurance or health policy with all the nuances. I'd be dead before I finished them. I simply don't have time. Bottom line. I won't dis anyone, I won't curse, I will be informative, I will try to be funny, I'll try to learn things and, I promise never to leave my email again. For my edification, why is it wrong to leave an email?

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2006 09:10 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jonathan. We will get this fixed.

Clint

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-29-2006 07:18 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jonathan Bodge
For my edification, why is it wrong to leave an email?

basically it looks like a form of 'security and privacy reasons' - to protect members, this forum and Film-Tech from any liabilities that could occur if said privacy rights were invaded.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be using our real names and have our pictures posted, but be having usernames and optional avatars instead if emails were allowed to be present in any post.

..just my guess, for I'm sure that there is more to this topic.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-29-2006 07:21 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jonathan Bodge
I'm sorry I didn't read the rules. I'm sure I will break a few more since I don't read rules.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Boy, did you pick the wrong forum to say THAT in. I predict a rocky road ahead for you, buddy.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2006 09:49 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify, USL will repair almost anything they have ever manufactured.

Clint

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-30-2006 06:57 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
USL is one of the good guys at getting problems solved

Jonathan Bodge
Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2006 07:29 PM      Profile for Jonathan Bodge   Email Jonathan Bodge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mike! I hear you on that one! [beer]

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 11-30-2006 09:01 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simple mistake, but the rules are good in this case to keep the 'signal/noise' down; Hi Jonathan! Haven't seen you since the Ridgeway days, with Allen the pet wrench that lived in the Ashcrafts and would ran away just when you need him.... [Wink]

Jonathan Bodge
Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2006 07:49 PM      Profile for Jonathan Bodge   Email Jonathan Bodge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John! Gesus Krist! Good to hear from you...Rememer those Ridgeway days? Star Wars opening night! I'll "pivately" email you so I don't break any rules.....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: