Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Problem with Cinemeccanica Platter

Author Topic: Problem with Cinemeccanica Platter
Hugo Ruiter
Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2006 11:50 AM      Profile for Hugo Ruiter   Email Hugo Ruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our platters CNR3-35N (Cinemeccanica)lately have the problem that they begin to turn very fast. Even if we are not using the platter.
We know that the problem is on the PCB witch cares for the platter. The number of the PCB is D09159D.

We used a few new PCB's and it's working OK, but there are more platter witch give the same problem.

Does anyone know ore we can fix the old PCB's? Or witch part of the PCB is giving the problem?

I hope i've explained it well in my bad English.

Greatings from Holland.

[ 01-04-2007, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Hugo Ruiter ]

|  IP: Logged

Hugo Ruiter
Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2007 03:19 AM      Profile for Hugo Ruiter   Email Hugo Ruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there no people with a solution for this??

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-05-2007 08:01 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I don't have the schematic of the control card I will make a guess since the control device is a servopot like the ORC used I would think it is either a SCR or Triac phase control and most likely has a set of trim pots to control the speed range or that the SCR/Triac has failed and is shorted
but that is just a guess

Alex Cross
Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2007 12:52 PM      Profile for Alex Cross   Email Alex Cross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

When you say turn very fast, do you mean full speed? Or does it just creep? If flying into full speed for no apparent reason, this could be down to the potentiometer on the feed unit failing. If it's just creeping, the motor cards are temperature sensitive, and need to be adjusted for summer and winter operation.

If I can be of further help, just message me.

Regards Alex

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2007 10:22 PM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, these platters do tend to creep and then run too slow - temperature sensitive.
The trimpots for each deck need just a minute adjistment from time to time (about 1 or 2 mm).
If they are creeping, slowly adjust the trimpot (anti-clockwise) till the deck stops. You mayhave to adjust it back slightly once the film starts.

Hugo Ruiter
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2007 03:56 AM      Profile for Hugo Ruiter   Email Hugo Ruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alex,

Yes i mean full spead (faster then when i put the spead-unit to max)for no apparent reason. Also if there is no film on the platter. So i think it's the potentiometer of the platter. Or maybe the traic?

I don't have the problem that it's creeping. Maybe once a year, but then you can fix it with the potentiometer on the spead-unit.

[ 01-06-2007, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Hugo Ruiter ]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-06-2007 12:32 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will not be the pot since you said by swapping control cards the problem follows the card

Alex Cross
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2007 01:48 PM      Profile for Alex Cross   Email Alex Cross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

It definatly sounds like the potentiometer. I've just had 2 go in the space of a few months. You can get replacements, but I understand they're a real pain to change. I'm fortunate, I have an engineer who does all that for me.

Regards Alex.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: