Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Panastereo CSP1200 loosing defaults

Author Topic: Panastereo CSP1200 loosing defaults
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2007 08:50 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all,

when turning on the Panastereo processor and automation al sound defaults are coming on at Max levels. This unit is integrated with Panalogic CA2000 automation. When resetting the defaults to correct levels on the automation all levels are ok for the day but again on booting up next day they are all again at Max. I am unable to determine if the defaults are being lost in the automation memory or the processor memory ?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-06-2007 11:53 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming the sutomation is programmed correctly I would first isolate the interconnection between automation and processor and see in which unit the problem lies. This will give you a direction to follow. If you have other Panastereo's or Panalogics in your complex swapping out modules or boards should then isolate it to an individual board/module.

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-06-2007 02:22 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The big green VARTA battery soldered on the CM436 is responsible for keeping the memory when the power is off...perhaps it no longer is doing its job.

Steve

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 04-07-2007 10:24 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't turn it off. [Wink]

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2007 06:14 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good suggestion Frank I always tend to overlook the obvious.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2007 06:15 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The battery lasts for about 10 years, They are avaliable from Jaycar electronics. You need to use a soldering iron. Ive been meaning to change mine sometime soon.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2007 06:16 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-08-2007 01:38 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apology accepted.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2007 10:03 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I pulled the card from the panastereo that has the battery on it ,I found some faint white oxide powder around it , picked up some new batteries from jaycar replaced the pack in the panastereo but the defaults are still being lost , I will now try replacing the pack on the panalogic panel.
I am curious as to if all the panalogic settings for that cinema will be lost during the battery change ?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: