Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need help with Interlocking Christie Projectors

Author Topic: Need help with Interlocking Christie Projectors
Daniel W. Skeen
Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2007 08:37 AM      Profile for Daniel W. Skeen   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel W. Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to find info on interlocking Christie GPS 35 projectors. My theater has 8 projectors and I want to interlock 3 of them to show 1 print in three theaters. The automation being used is CA-10. These projectors have been interlocked before, however the only person that has done it here is now gone. The machines are set up for it.

[ 04-30-2007, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Daniel W. Skeen ]

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2007 08:56 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the club. You need to first change the subject before the Grand Poohie Piggy Winny Ba starts shouting about reading the site policies to something like "Need Help With Interlocking Christie Projectors"

Well secondly, state what kind of automation you have on your projectors. Is it the CA21, CA100 or the 3Q. You can see this by what is mounted on the console. The 3Q as far as I know has 2 option switches on. When you switch "option 1" on, each console which has the option 1 switch on and if you have the film threaded properly throughout the projectors you need to interlock, press the start button on any of the projectors which is interlocked and all the projectors should start.
Demetris

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2007 10:29 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, as Demetris has said, welcome to the club. I would also agree with him with regards to the title of this thread & his post. Another piece of advice, if & when you do the interlock, keep a close eye on the entire operation.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 04-30-2007 01:47 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And obviously, if you're relying on your centralized interlocking system, you should make sure that the 3 projectors in question are in the same interlocking zone as each other. Otherwise you'd have to force it by hitting start on all 3 at the same time and pray.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-30-2007 01:52 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have Christie SLC consoles (Look in your SLC manual for interlock terminations on the TB board section) there are two wires that connects up to the main TB board (forget which terminal numbers) - the main board where the 220v mains goes into - which needs to be in parallel with the other two units.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: