Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ultra Stereo JS-200 Mono Trim

Author Topic: Ultra Stereo JS-200 Mono Trim
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2007 12:28 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a question for curiosity sake. With all the Ultra Stereo JS series processors that I've installed, it seems that the mono trim has to be raised all the way. Even with it raised all the way, trailers and commercials seem to be barely just loud enough.

|  IP: Logged

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2007 09:05 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not one reply??????????

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-08-2007 11:15 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In reality for that thing to work like they say you have to run the fader higher than you normaly would. In all the installs of these units that I know about we never used that trim because everything ran in stereo. The JSD-80 eliminated all that worry with the ability to preset all the formats with different volume levels.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-09-2007 07:27 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could do a seperate fader using the remote volume control on the back and then switch to the internal Fader for everything else. This gives two possible fader settings and this could be easily autoamted switching between two seperate faders at the rear panel connections. This method also works with processors like the CP-50.

Personally I would reccomend the JSD-80... I installed another one last Friday and with every I install I find it to be more and more the best bang for the buck, literally... its awsome. This thing has so many features built in that I could fill a page. The A chain seems to have even gotten a bit better than earlier units and for what this unit costs the SR emulation while not perfect is the best of the emulators I've heard(barring Panastereo).

Mark

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 10:14 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea about the fader Mark. I have installed a few JS80 units already. At my theater though we still have the JS-280 units which I love. It's just been on my mind about that trim because every theater I go to, they are up to max and still it's barely enough for mono.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: