Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Turret on Christie with 3Q Not Operating

Author Topic: Turret on Christie with 3Q Not Operating
Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2007 02:33 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have checked the relay located at the back of the P35GPS and it is not latching at all when the manual control or the cue control sends a pulse for scope or flat change. Did a quick swap of the relay with another screen with operational turret and the relay operates correctly on the other screen. I did not have time to fiddle to check anything else. Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-11-2007 03:14 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Replace that turret module...easy fix. One of the things that you should have in your parts room .. extra turret module or two,.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2007 03:39 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erm... Not a Christie dealer so I can't keep parts but I can tell the theater owner to order. You are talking about the PCB board that is on the non-operators' side at the right towards the lamphouse right?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-11-2007 03:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually it is a cheap part but the relays are alot cheaper and thats all I've ever had go wrong with them. The latching relay is somewhat hard to find at the moment but it is available in an Omraon I believe... manufacturers in the middle of conversion to lead free.
Also... if the turret is somewhat sluggish turn the 24 volts supply up a tad bit to about 26 volts but not over 28 volts.... assuming that your controler board has the adjustable pot in there for the VDC regulator. This is a Christie approved thing to do and will not void any warranty. The new boards have a fixed regulator.

Mark

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2007 03:42 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
It's not the relays that have the problem since I swapped the "faulty" relay to an operating machine and the "faulty" relay was working. I believe it's something on the PCB board. or the automation.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-12-2007 09:19 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are two versions of that board... one with three relays and one with four... The three relay version was discontinued and the four relay version is the one thats current. Which version do you have and there is still the possibility of the other relays bewing bad... All thats on the board are two adjustable 555 based timers and the power supply. I have also seen bad solder connections at the power transformer leads where they solder to the pcb.

Mark

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2007 12:29 AM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark is probably correct. The voltage on the turret is probably too low for operation.

Refer to the thread linked below. I suggest using the search function on problems like this. More than likely, someone else has had a problem like yours and has already generated a thread like it.

Thread

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: