Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Adding Interlock Hold terminal to Maxi 8x

Author Topic: Adding Interlock Hold terminal to Maxi 8x
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-28-2007 05:03 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am installing a pair of Kelmar 9700 interlock boxes on Maxi 8x's for a customer. Need the INTERLOCK HOLD terminal on the Maxi 8 which these earlier Maxi 8x's don't have.. and the 9700's instructions are pretty vague... it just says the Maxi 8 can be modified for this. How do I modify them and add this function to an open terminal??

Thanks,
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-28-2007 08:11 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have later drawings? Louis

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-28-2007 10:22 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Just whats on the Neumade web site and a manual I have on my laptop... which is the older version. Neither one shows it. Terminal 4 is unused so I would assume I run a wire from there to some point in the unit??

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-28-2007 11:17 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the Kelmar web site...they made the Maxi 8 (and the Maxi 7 and Maxi 10 as well as a couple others for Xetron). Last I checked, Kelmar made up new drawings that were converted to pdf for these older units.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-29-2007 06:53 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did... all thats there is Kelmar and Christie AM series drawings. I'll call Thomas in a while for the low down on the mod.

Mark

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-29-2007 08:54 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Mark; I'm on vacation this week ... but if you are running out of time for this I will go in. Many of our Maxi drawings are hand drawn, on large (C and D size) paper, and can't be converted to pdf easily.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-29-2007 02:57 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only Maxi 8 drawing I have that shows a hold circuit is dated 2-9-82 revision. This one has terminals labelled 1-22 ans 23-44. #33 is labelled "Hold for alarm and interlock." The wire goes to K3 show off relay contact and k6 failsafe contact.

The blueprint is approx 24 x 36" Drawing 1058.

Do you need a copy? Louis

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-29-2007 06:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,

Thanks very much Louis and John for the offers. John... you should be out roaming the desert in your Land Rover if you're on Vacation [thumbsup] .

I called Tom at Kelmar this morning and he faxed me the all the do-do. It involved adding a DPDT 12 vac relay externally which I've done to both units. All is now working well in interlock. The end result is certainly a kluge [Eek!] . I also had to rob a cue during interlock since all three available cues were being used for other stuff. So I added yet another relay to switch the center cue away from screen lights up at show end and diverted that cue to put the automations into show mode. This happens when the 9700's are turned on so its invisible to the operators running the stuff. They leave the screens off anyway because of pre-show, not sure why they even have screen lights [Confused] .

I have to install 2 more of these 9700's next week on AM5's but already have that worked out.

Thanks again!

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-29-2007 09:44 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the Maxi 8 wasn't much of an "automation"...it is more like half an automation.

The AM5 was decent enough though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: