Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby DP 200 power cable pinout

Author Topic: Dolby DP 200 power cable pinout
Michael Zaiontz
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2007 03:47 PM      Profile for Michael Zaiontz   Email Michael Zaiontz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All!

I need the pin-out information for the power cables that run from the power supply to the control unit and onto the processor unit. Is it 1->1, 2->2, etc. I just bought a CP200 and need to make up the cables for it as it did not come with them.

Mike Zaiontz

|  IP: Logged

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2007 04:49 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Power Cable Pins

PSU to JM1 (Processor Unit)

Pin1 - Black
Pin2 - White
Pin3 - Brown
Pin4 - Red
Pin5 - Green
Pin6 - Blue
Pin7 - Orange
Pin8 - No Pin
Pin9 - Gray

JM2 (Processor) - JM20 (Control)

Pin1 - Black
Pin2 - No Pin
Pin3 - Brown
Pin4 - Red
Pin5 - Green
Pin6 - White
Pin7 - Orange
Pin8 - No Pin
Pin9 - Gray

That how it looks to me.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-02-2007 04:59 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
The CP-200 manual is in the MANUALS section. Click on the button on the left.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-02-2007 06:09 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed Pin-to-pin...the cables were always made up in that they were a collection of individual wires with a sleeve around them. There is one wire that is not always included. That is, the wire that goes to pin 2 is sometimes not there...it is just another +24 line. Similarly that pin 8 is a redundant Ground "E" terminal that I don't think is connected on any of the connectors I've seen.

[ 07-03-2007, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: Steve Guttag ]

Michael Zaiontz
Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 03:05 PM      Profile for Michael Zaiontz   Email Michael Zaiontz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. Now I'm one step closer to powering up. For the record, the cable makeup is not in the manuals. I check there first.

Mike.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-03-2007 05:31 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pssst. Go look at the schematic for the PS1 or the PS1B. There you will see the pinout of the connector. The actual wire colors could be anything, in my experience. They are more uniform inside the unit though.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: