Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby digital reader boards

Author Topic: Dolby digital reader boards
Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2007 08:50 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I'm having some issues with a CAT.701 and a CAT.700 . both of them won't read the digital track nor put out any signal when connected to the processor. in the CAT.701 there is a CCD board CAT.934 and in the CAT.700, the board is the CAT.634R comparing them side by side, they looks the same,including component codes and layout.
The major issue is with the 701. I ordered a replacement card and received a CAT.634R, instead of the 934. it gave me the same result , no signal or anything and the board heated up, when I noticed that it was too late. it's being hooked up to a CP650. I have seen it usually hooked up to either DA20 or CP500.. are the CAT.701 and the boards CAT.634R and 934 compatible with the CP650? does it apply to the older CAT.700? I hooked up the same processor ( CP650) using the same cable that was connected to the board that got damaged to a basement reader ( cinemeccanica make) and it worked allright. tried on another reader to be sure and it also worked.. I'm lost now with the CAT700/701 and their CCD boards.. any know issue regarding these boards and the CP650?

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: