Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » More booth accidents

Author Topic: More booth accidents
Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2008 07:50 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to post this in the booth injuries thread but it is closed already!

I forgot this one when I was posting in booth injuries, well actually two stories, incidents or whatever! One is me and the other is on another projectionist.

I was setting the carbon arks one night while training a new projectionist in the booth. He asked what does this lever do as he threw the lever up which put the rectifier in the engaged mode and lit the the two pieces of carbon in my hand at the time. Temporary blindness and burnt hands and one pissed off me!

Later in the month (same projectionist trainee I think) was there doing the janitorial and had a 6,000 foot reel rewinding upstairs, the shut off didn't and the reel began to dump the film on the floor, he forgotten to put the clip on the end of the shaft and the film walked out (still spilling out the film) and off the shaft. The reel spun around the booth for several trips and at last found the stairs, down it went turning and running out in to the lobby it managed to go back and forth a few times and then found the door to the #1 auditorium. Ran down to the screen to where it fell over!

When I got there the kid was trying to creep back up the isle with out stepping on film. He ended up having to roll all the film back on by hand! Nothing hurt there but his pride but it has been a wonderful thing to think back on from time to time. I wonder whatever became of that guy!!!

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-16-2008 08:11 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I tried to post this in the booth injuries thread but it is closed already!
Adam closed it because there is a earlier thread that predates that one. So he has nicely put a link for people to look or post there.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: