Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Simplex lens turrett control card issues

Author Topic: Simplex lens turrett control card issues
Fred Tucker
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2008 12:07 AM      Profile for Fred Tucker   Email Fred Tucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2 Simplex millenium projectors with 120V TU2020 lens turrets. After replacing the turret controller boards the solenoid stays engaged until it burns out.

I have tried several new cards & have finaly noticed that the original card says Rev. A and all of the new cards say Rev. C, does anyone know of a way to correct this issue or is Strong sending me the wrong card even though they swear its the right one.

BTW, taking a good Rev. A board off of another projector fixes the issue, it just moves it around.

|  IP: Logged

Fred Tucker
Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2008 10:25 PM      Profile for Fred Tucker   Email Fred Tucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So after a month of talking with Strong, it seems there is a problem with the Rev C boards, if anyone expereinces a similar situation shoot me an email or give Troy @ Strong a call.

The capacitor on F4 should be at F2 and the jumper on F2 should be at F4.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2008 01:14 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. I've used these boards before with no problems. I'm looking at one right now and it is as you describe. Is the problem something that only happens in combination with other specific conditions?

Fred Tucker
Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2008 01:31 AM      Profile for Fred Tucker   Email Fred Tucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was just a handful of boards that slipped through, a theatre that I work at occasionaly and one in Arizona (i think) are the only ones that have come across this problem.

I'm not real sure of your question, projector is a milenium series with a TU2020 turrett. The other theatre has the same setup.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2008 04:12 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 1060s, and I simply disconnected the cards and simply move the turrets manually. These were quite glitchy and I got tired of phone calls whenever the turret decided to not stop turning.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: