Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 2nd Hand Price Information on Strong Platter AP3 and MUT.

Author Topic: 2nd Hand Price Information on Strong Platter AP3 and MUT.
Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking into buying a Strong AP3 Platter and a MUT. What would be a good price ?

Can someone give me the price of a new AP3 and MUT.

Thx VM.

|  IP: Logged

Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 04:22 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone ?

David Zylstra
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 05:03 PM      Profile for David Zylstra   Email David Zylstra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for new Strong has their list prices online - from there you would have to contact a dealer to get an actual end user price.

Used prices can vary so much, especially since it depends on age and condition.

You also may need to clarify the subject a little more beyond "2nd hand price information", especially since there is a specific piece of equipment you are looking for.

Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just did.. thx for the tip.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-23-2008 06:36 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy Christie stuff instead. Seriously. Not joking. You won't regret it. You don't want Strong unless you are trying to replace one unit in a booth full of Strongs.

Rene Ferron
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 07:18 PM      Profile for Rene Ferron   Email Rene Ferron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
Buy Christie stuff instead. Seriously. Not joking. You won't regret it. You don't want Strong unless you are trying to replace one unit in a booth full of Strongs.
It's just that we have 3 Strong Platter and they are working fine. We want to buy another Strong Platter and MUT, so i need to know what kind of offer i can make to the guy that owns those two parts.

We have also a MUT but i would like to have one as a backup. I will be using that 4th Platter to mount movies and movie storage.

I was thinking 1500$ for the AP3 and MUT.

They are in good working condition.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-23-2008 08:14 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too low if they are in good condition; too high if junk. Louis

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 08:31 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis,
You think so? With the abundance of digital replacing film, shouldn't there be a surplus of used parts?

Rick

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 10:28 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,

You are not aware that many companies have depreciated the old equipment to zero value. They simply stack the stuff away because to sell it the entire price is considered profit.

If there is still some value not depreciated, the best way to deal with that equipment is to donate it to a non-profit and take the write-off against the profit for the year. In case there is no profit, then it goes in storage until totally depreciated.

KEN

Steve Greeno
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2008 10:40 PM      Profile for Steve Greeno   Email Steve Greeno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Christie platter system on ebay now with MUT for sale at a good buy it now price. Just do a search on there for "Christie Autowind 3 Platter System with MUT" and you will find it.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-24-2008 06:15 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Different deal: as is where is, no guarantees.

It is pointless to buy something for professional use that is inappropriate or broken. Louis

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2008 10:59 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I added a second screen to my drive-in, I bought my Strong AP3 platter and MUT (used) for around $2,500 about 3 years ago.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2008 11:23 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I am sure it has worked fine. Stick with Strong.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: