Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Eiki 2000A Belt

Author Topic: Eiki 2000A Belt
Marc Syp
Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2008 09:45 PM      Profile for Marc Syp   Email Marc Syp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys... I need to replace a belt for an Eiki 2000A. I dug around and found some references to Eiki Part #s on a forum, and I think it is the ST-12181. But I'm not sure and don't want to order the wrong part. Can someone take a look at this photo and tell me if this is the right part # for this belt?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mpsyp/2802075738/

Thank you!

Marc

|  IP: Logged

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2008 06:10 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best and lowest cost is an Oring from your nearst bearing supplier, cant think of the name at the moment, but they are a light brown in colour.

Stan.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 08-27-2008 01:29 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check with Monarch Bearings if they are in your area, they carry a good line of O-rings and can set you up with a suitable type.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2008 06:41 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy a urethane 'O' ring.

Is this what was wrong with your machine all this time?

I have 4 of these machines. Dont use them like I used to, but I do run them from time to time. The motor drive belt you want is a pain.

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2008 06:15 AM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh McCullough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most small projector drive belts can be obtained from www.cinebelts.co.uk

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2008 07:52 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check with Larry Urbanski Here. He probably can answer your question and supply the belt.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 08-28-2008 10:35 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roberts Film Service in Montreal is another possible source

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-29-2008 04:20 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
McMaster-Carr sells urethane belts at reasonable prices. The 5/32" belts are slightly smaller in diameter than the original ones, but work just fine in my EX-2000N (similar machine to yours). Search for "round belts."

They also sell roundthane belts (at far cheaper prices than most cinema suppliers charge), but the smallest diameter is 5/16", which is too large for these machines.

(Thanks to jhawk for telling me about this company.)

If you want to order by Eiki part number, you can try KMR Electronics. They are not cheap, but they are an official Eiki dealer.

Jeff Taylor
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto for Grainger--they sell the same stuff as McMaster, and have tons of local depots where you can buy over the counter.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: