Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Where can I get DTS logo trailers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Where can I get DTS logo trailers
Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2009 01:00 PM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
I have been on the phone for an hour getting the run around from DTS and others. We would like to replace our DTS logo trailers, which I believe are called "Sparklers".
I know some from DTS frequent this forum. I finally got some person in the company that told me that they are no longer available.

anyone have any ideas.

thanks,

louis

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-27-2009 01:10 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent email to them with the serial number of my unit and asked nicely. They sent me some posters and one each flat and scope trailers, at no charge. This was before the recent "Datasat Digital" reorganization, so there may now be some confusion about who handles the promotional items.

I have not had the same luck with Dolby trailers, unfortunately.

Daniel Schulz
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2009 07:27 PM      Profile for Daniel Schulz   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Louis,

We are out of stock on the Sparks logo trailers at the moment, and I do not have a date for when we'll have a new set run. Please stay tuned, and I will advise as soon as we have an availability date for new 35mm logo trailers.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-28-2009 12:35 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood

I have not had the same luck with Dolby trailers, unfortunately.

That sucks. We have the CP650 and are still using the same batch of logo trailers we started out with. I'd really like some different ones. I've submitted their request form twice and haven't gotten as much as a "go to hell" from them. I guess once they have your money they don't need you anymore.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2009 12:42 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike and Scott,

I believe I have some extra of the "City Redux" version. I'll check when I go in tomorrow.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-28-2009 03:31 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby doesn't care about Dolby Digital any more. Why would they spend money to send you free trailers to advertise it? They'd much rather you buy Dolby Digital 3D systems or whatever they are calling it. You're only good if you have the latest and greatest. Thus is Dolby's philosophy on advertisement. Nobody has gotten any Dolby Digital promotional material for a loooooong time. Granted, theatrical Dolby Digital is inferior to DVD Dolby Digital so I guess maybe they are embarrassed?

Paul Gordon
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2009 06:53 AM      Profile for Paul Gordon   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your best bet is the 35mm film forum or ebay for any DTS or Dolby Trailers.... They don't care anymore... though they still send us DTS trailers disc, 6 of them at a time even though we are a single screen cinema. We have also been running the same DTS6 processor since 1993

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-28-2009 06:54 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
Nobody has gotten any Dolby Digital promotional material for a loooooong time
About 2 months ago, Dolby London sent me 12 City Redux trailers. 6 flat and 6 scope.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 07-28-2009 08:41 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby announced City Redux in their Dolby News newsletter in Fall 2006, and replied expeditiously to our request and sent us trailers when we emailed them in March 2007.

-
(image used to avoid concerns about spam harvesting)

So I would email (or call) Christy; at least domestically.

--jhawk

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-28-2009 01:22 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, all of our requests go to Dolby San Fransisco.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-28-2009 03:13 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I know.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-28-2009 04:30 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heck I still have the "Flying Disc" DTS logos one each of flat and scope that have never been used. [Big Grin]

I wonder what bug is up Dolby San Frans butt as they have been really lousy on support of any kind lately...

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-28-2009 06:00 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will start by saying I truly appreciate them sending over these tags. They're much less in your face than the original 'City' tags.

Having said that, I am at a loss to find a good reason why on earth they would have made the scope versions 'pillarboxed'. Surely they could have lost a bit of info on the sides and made them full frame.

Do full-frame scope versions of 'City Redux' exist?

Adam Lautenbach
Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2009 06:59 PM      Profile for Adam Lautenbach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of months ago I requested promotional material from both DTS & Dolby. Both companies got back to me and sent us items. DTS sent a bunch of posters and one plaque. Dolby sent buttons, posters, trailers (City Redux), and plaques.

A few weeks ago I contacted Dolby again to see if we could get more non-EX trailers and plaques since we got EX ones for our EX equipped auditoriums (not using the EX items since EX is almost dead)
They came through again and sent additional plaques and trailers. The second batch of trailers we received were the "Train" version.

Regarding the scope 'City Redux' trailers, ours are full-frame (not 'pillarboxed')

-
I posted some pictures because I would've liked to know what the plaques an posters looked like before we got them. (apologies if it's against the forum rules to post this many images)

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-28-2009 07:06 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My request was sent more than a couple of months ago. Does Dolby play favorites? What the hell is going on?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: